Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Re: Today ...

Post by Wade »

KingdomBuilder wrote:
ohio jones wrote:
KingdomBuilder wrote:Going to use it for making salves.
Please be careful and stay out of jail! ;)
Why would I go to jail? I just made a salve that cures TB, cancer, and AIDs! It's yours for $29.99 :mrgreen:
Where do I order from?
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Been taunted by a packrat wrecking the shop and tearing things apart in it for a while... Went in today to more mess. He comes through a hole in the wall by the electrical panel and I was thinking about setting up a live wire to electrocute him ... :roll: Then I spotted him in the room and I was between him and his only exit. He walked a couple feet from me. The moment was tense and then the door flung open... My wife comes in not realizing what she was walking into with the dog she picked up from the dog shelter recently. :P
He was eager to help.
Good dog. :D
And no more rat!

Now helpfully he doesn't do that to the chickens when we get some... :-|
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Wade wrote: He was eager to help.
Good dog. :D
And no more rat!

Now helpfully he doesn't do that to the chickens when we get some... :-|
Sounds like your new dog has found a way to earn his keep, Wade. :clap:
We've had all kinds of dog personalities in our lifetime and the best ones came from a shelter. Sometimes a dog can be trained to guard chickens. Sometimes not if the dog is a natural hunter: those tend to go after the chickens too. We just kept the chicken run well fenced. We took a section of sturdy wire fencing and connected it tightly to the upright fencing and had it laid on the ground and anchored. It's like an L with the leg of the L outside the perimeter. This deters dogs, coyotes, raccoons and many other predators from digging under the fence and getting into the chicken run. The run had fencing over the top to keep predators from climbing over the fence too.

A well built run keeps out predators for years. The one that's on the farm now is made of chain link fencing and it's been there 22 years. It used to be a large dog kennel and the new owners of a home in town gave it to us for free because they're cat people, not dog people.

We also attached tightly woven hardware wire inside the lower half of the pen fence to keep the chicks from wandering through the chain link.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Wade

Post by Wade »

Can't make it to an event where numbers will be quite reduced with the absence of our children...

Or should I say won't? Sickness is in the house and it seems right to not go unless we did go to the hospital and stopped on the way...

Feeling deflated with always seeming to let others down when I am not sure how to change things...? or is it even my responsibility to?!
:blah: :blah:
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Wade wrote:Can't make it to an event where numbers will be quite reduced with the absence of our children...

Or should I say won't? Sickness is in the house and it seems right to not go unless we did go to the hospital and stopped on the way...

Feeling deflated with always seeming to let others down when I am not sure how to change things...? or is it even my responsibility to?!
Wade, sometimes won't is good.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

silentreader wrote:
Wade wrote:Can't make it to an event where numbers will be quite reduced with the absence of our children...

I agree. It's a good sign you can make the tough decisions in favor of your family. Keeping you all in prayers: how's the little one at the hospital?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
Wade

Post by Wade »

MaxPC wrote:
silentreader wrote:

I agree. It's a good sign you can make the tough decisions in favor of your family. Keeping you all in prayers: how's the little one at the hospital?
He didn't have to stay over night and they gave him Ventolin and steroids. A first for us that he maybe asthmatic and until he is better he requires a puffer about every hour for now. He'll be one on Friday. :P
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Wade, I'm glad your wife and son made it back home safely. We'll pray for him that he outgrows his health problems and for you all.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Wade

Post by Wade »

12 years of marriage.
It's the Lord's day.
Went caroling.
Met someone for the first time that seemed to really love the Lord.
Wood stove is warm.
Just shoveled nearly six inches of fresh snow with my oldest son. Still coming down heavily.

It's a good day and we'll rejoice in it, but these things are only possible and worth while through Him. Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift!
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Wade wrote:12 years of marriage.
It's the Lord's day.
Went caroling.
Met someone for the first time that seemed to really love the Lord.
Wood stove is warm.
Just shoveled nearly six inches of fresh snow with my oldest son. Still coming down heavily.

It's a good day and we'll rejoice in it, but these things are only possible and worth while through Him. Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift!
Amen!!!
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)