Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Re: Today ...

Post by gcdonner »

temporal1 wrote:Have been wondering about how MN dads spent Fathers' Day.
For the most part, away from the forum. :blah:
I led the praise music (with my guitar) in church, went home for a light lunch (tuna fish sandwich) and then off to the nursing home for an afternoon service where I preached on John 16:8-11. Tried to nap when I got home... to bed earlier than usual pulling up the covers at 11pm.
In the midst of it I did get to talk to my youngest son very briefly who called to wish me a happy father's day, his siblings texted me on Saturday.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

temporal1 wrote:Have been wondering about how MN dads spent Fathers' Day.
For the most part, away from the forum. :blah:
Got up, went to Mass then out for brunch at a local diner. Spent the day with the family fishing. Our oldest son called and wished me a Happy Father's Day. His two sons chattered at me too. Sweet boys.

Went to bed at 9.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Saw a horse and buggy ( a first for me ) crossing the interstate in northeast OK. Interesting.. Was right near a church sign that read "Eden Mennonite Church"
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

KingdomBuilder wrote:Saw a horse and buggy ( a first for me ) crossing the interstate in northeast OK. Interesting.. Was right near a church sign that read "Eden Mennonite Church"
So you were sure you had died and gone back to the Garden, right? Did you see Adam and Eve there?
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

gcdonner wrote:So you were sure you had died and gone back to the Garden, right? Did you see Adam and Eve there?
Well, that mailbox did read "A. & E. Yoder." Hmmmm ;)
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

KingdomBuilder wrote:
gcdonner wrote:So you were sure you had died and gone back to the Garden, right? Did you see Adam and Eve there?
Well, that mailbox did read "A. & E. Yoder." Hmmmm ;)
Ah, the dream lives! The Amish really are the restoration of the last days...
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

now, now, NOW! :?
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Spent some time yesterday at "Reapers of Hope" the food processing unit run by CAM Canada in Ontario. Very interesting operation.

0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

After several days of frustration with a slow computer, I finally bit the bullet today. I wiped the whole thing and reinstalled the OS. Now I am in the middle of putting my software collection back together.

After all of this, IT HAD BETTER WORK BETTER. I'm not guaranteeing what will happen if it doesn't. :evil:

I've lost several days of what should have been productive writing time. The windows installer was always running, and taking up to 100% of the bandwidth. At times up to six incidents of it were running at the same time. It kept downloading the same updates and trying to install them. I couldn't install anything or even uninstall anything. And all the time it was excruciatingly slow. I tried a refresh keeping my files. Wouldn't do it. I tried a refresh zapping my files. No go. So I downloaded the latest Windows 10 ISO, wiped the hard drive, and reinstalled.

Or rather, I'm reinstalling because my brother in law's internet leaves a few things to be desired. They are putting in fiber optic, but it won't get here until next week.

LB
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Wow! Fiber optic! The wi-fi I'm on is a horse buggy compared to that supersonic setup :mrgreen:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God