Hiking

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
KrisKramer
Affiliation: Raised Conserv. Menn

Hiking

Post by KrisKramer »

I spent a few hours today taking a hike and watching Bees. It was so wonderful to be out relaxing in nature. So wonderful to just see the beauty in the forest and watch all the wonderful animals
Lebanon County Hike
Lebanon County Hike
3 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Re: Hiking

Post by Joy »

We're blessed to have local public woods, and I love it. No car fumes, concrete sidewalks, or stop signs. And my dog does much better there than in town.
2 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

We have Point Pelee National Park just a couple miles away and we visit there often. Bike and walking trails, boardwalks through the marsh areas, lookout towers, canoe rentals, camp grounds, etc. We don't have as many deer as we once had as they keep the deer population down but we often see wild turkeys, sometimes flying squirrels, recently some beavers and this past couple weeks an abundance of cotton tail rabbits. And of course in the Spring all kinds of birds heading north stop at the park after crossing Lake Erie. My wife and I take our chihuahua with us most everywhere.

We love being out in the woods and observing nature. As we get older it is more of a car ride than a hike when hips and knees are not what they once were but give me the woods over the city any day. In my younger years hiking for miles and taking a lunch and snacks was a big part of my life. Now it's more of a Tim Horton's coffee and donut and a slow car ride. But it is still quite enjoyable.
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

Been to Pelee Island, but never really explored the park. I want to.
0 x