Calling All Bakers: or Spouses of Bakers

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Calling All Bakers: or Spouses of Bakers

Post by MaxPC »

We went by the produce market on our drive and my wife started talking to someone from Baltimore, MD. They were waxing nostalgic about Baltimore Peach Cake.

My wife is wanting to make the original recipe of this yeast-leavened cake when the peaches ripen in season. She wants the old fashioned yeast-based recipe. Do you have this recipe? (I can tell she's feeling better when she wants to start baking).
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Re: Calling All Bakers: or Spouses of Bakers

Post by KingdomBuilder »

I've never heard of this... had to look it up; sounds awesome!

http://www.marthastewart.com/1162569/ba ... peach-cake Sorry for whipping out Martha so soon, but how does this stack up?
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

KingdomBuilder wrote:I've never heard of this... had to look it up; sounds awesome!

http://www.marthastewart.com/1162569/ba ... peach-cake Sorry for whipping out Martha so soon, but how does this stack up?
I have never heard of anyone from Baltimore putting jelly in a peach cake. Unfortunately my grandmother's recipe died with her. I am traveling now, but will find a recipe when I get home.

Just remind me in two weeks or so.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:I have never heard of anyone from Baltimore putting jelly in a peach cake. Unfortunately my grandmother's recipe died with her. I am traveling now, but will find a recipe when I get home.

Just remind me in two weeks or so.

J.M.
I'll take your word for it! I know some desserts, but Baltimore peach cake is one I don't
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

KingdomBuilder wrote:I've never heard of this... had to look it up; sounds awesome!

Thanks KB; it looks like what she described. I'll pass this along to her with appropriate credit to you of course.

JM: I'll try to remember to remind you. I know my wife is looking forward to it!
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God