Prayer request, and, how to help?

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Prayer request, and, how to help?

Post by temporal1 »

i noticed a new member in "Introductions," MamaAsbell, she arrived on forum with a request for ideas on how to help her friend. i contacted her privately, to ask if anyone had responded to her? .. she had no contacts .. since, she asked me to begin a thread on open forum for her, based on her intro:
Re: Welcome to MennoNet
Postby MamaAsbell » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:55 pm
I hope I do not offend anyone, but I do not know where else to get an answer about how to show my Mennonite friend I care. She lives a distance from me, so helping out with chores and meals is not an option. She has lost a precious baby after being mistreated by doctors. She is grieving very hard. I would like to send her a gift that will let her know I care very deeply for her. Would a candle be appropriate? Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you so very much for any wisdom and direction you can provide.
i hope MamaAsbell will see this thread, contribute to it, add updates. :)
i hope she will decide she came to a good place for prayers and helpful ideas.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Prayer request, and, how to help?

Post by temporal1 »

dear MamaAsbell,
i'm not Anabaptist, but, at such times, like you, i would feel at a loss to know "what to do;" there are times when a feeling of helplessness seems unavoidable.

i can't speak for others, will share my thoughts.
the saddest thing is that you can't be near to be a presence for support. moral support is most important. we can join others in prayer from any location. sometimes, those grieving want to be alone, so, possibly your distance is the best for now? .. again, prayers can fill time and space as nothing else.

objects might not be noticed when the entire world is a blur of grief, so, i wouldn't fret about objects.

if you know your friend's fellowship or another friend, even her husband? - you might contact to find if you might donate with others toward expenses, a favorite charity, missions, or other? possibly in the baby's name?

i would recognize the baby's worth - in God's eyes.
the child is God's creation, and is loved. the child was created for God's purpose, His purpose will be done. the length of time any of us has on earth is God's decision.

God allows our hearts to be broken. His purpose is to draw us ever closer to Him in sincere humility. sometimes we are tempted to be angry with God. He understands this, He is patient with us.

looking forward to posts from others.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN