Home Schools, Alternatives, post-pandemic

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Somebody
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Re: Home Schools, Alternatives, post-pandemic

Post by Somebody »

Does homeschooling include the online Christian schools?
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Somebody wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:51 am Does homeschooling include the online Christian schools?
Not where I live.
1 x
Chris
Affiliation: Moderate / unaffil

Post by Chris »

I don't know if this will help anybody but you may want to spread the word...

Brother Chester Weaver and a few other teachers are starting a virtual school.
http://abidingpeacedfw.org

So far they have several high school classes, History, Math, Music. I may want to take Brother Chester's church history class! :)
3 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Chris wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:45 pm I don't know if this will help anybody but you may want to spread the word...

So far they have several high school classes, History, Math, Music. I may want to take Brother Chester's church history class! :)
Chris:
Do you have an update on this school? :)
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Only an Anz
Affiliation: ex-Eastern

Post by Only an Anz »

JohnHurt wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:59 am
temporal1 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:08 pm Union school teachers, PP, and others will fight it tooth+nail.
The way I understand it, when a public school student moves from one county to another, the Local Education Authority (LEA) funds allocated for the student's education follow the student.

The new county receives the funds, and the old county loses them.

If they ever allow School Vouchers, and let the LEA money follows the student into a homeschool, or private school, that will be the end of "public education". No one really wants it.

But if they did allow school vouchers, not only the teacher's union will fight it, but Planned Barrenhood and every other liberal group that indoctrinates public school children will lose their grip over the next generation.

I think Trump said something about school vouchers, but never did anything about it. This is a common experience with politicians on this matter.

And poor people really need be able to use this money go to a private school, to escape the next generation of poverty.

I went to both public and private schools and saw the difference, even at the college level. There is 'at least" a full grade or more difference in the academics. What it took for me to make a B minus in private school - study for an hour 2-3 nights a week - made me into an A student in public school.

At the private College, I had 1-2 hours of homework, nearly every school night to make a B. At the public college, I could skate by with just taking a few notes in class.

We homeschooled all of our 6 children, and they are much better educated than kids in public school.

The "authoritarians" keep poor people from sending their kids to better schools with this "public school" system. This keeps an entire group of people poor, dumb, and dependent on their system.

They tell you that you should not give our "public school money" to private schools or for homeschools - when it is our tax money in the first place.
Not sure I follow the PP connection? In the school districts I have worked for, more than 1/2 the parents opted kids out of "health class" altogether & we were not allowed to push the kids to attend it.

Edit: sorry just realized how old this thread is.
Last edited by Only an Anz on Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Only an Anz

Post by Only an Anz »

Chris wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:45 pm I don't know if this will help anybody but you may want to spread the word...

CW has been interacting with homeschoolers since the 80's so this is pretty cool.
1 x
Only an Anz

Post by Only an Anz »

Szdfan wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:41 pm
Josh wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:36 pm
Szdfan wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:06 pmI was recently hired to teach high school in a public school. Do you know how many conversations I've had with the administration about my political and social views? 0.

I've had more conversations about farm animals with my principal than anything remotely political.
You live in a super rural area that is not nearly as politicised as the cities. At my last job interview, I was directly asked my political and social views, and it was obvious there were "right" and "wrong" answers.

(The "right" answers would be the political and social views you keep espousing in this forum, FYI)
That's of course both illegal and unprofessional. The only time I've been questioned about my personal beliefs is when I've interviewed for pastoral positions, which is an exception under labor law. Most of the time, employers are not legally allowed to ask you political questions in a job interview.

If you get asked political questions in an interview, then that's not a place you want to work.
Yeah speaking of lawsuits...this right here is how a school district gets sued.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

2021 / Page 1:
i wrote:
.. The DOE needs a complete overhaul, sadly, Betsy DeVos was never up to the task. ..
Josh wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:34 am Conservative schools are not interested in government dollars.

The government already harasses us enough and puts in place unwanted oversight, requiring things that makes sense for a 1,000 person public school but are nonsensical for a 50 student school.

In Canada the government requires conservative private schools to establish LGBT student clubs. .. ..

2021 / P.17 / viewtopic.php?t=4261&start=160
i wrote:
.. “Betsy DeVos was not competent for the job (of doing a much-needed complete overhaul of the DOE.)
Who is up to cleaning out the infestation of rats+cockroaches?” ..

2023 / P.69 / viewtopic.php?t=3237&start=680
Szdfan:
.. Unlike you, I thought Betsy DeVos was a disaster, a completely unqualified grifter who married into Amway pyramid scheme money. ..

“They Just Confirmed Their Demonic”... - Voddie Baucham / -15min

8:40 mark / Voddie speaks of the current Sec of Ed: ARNIE DUNCAN; Voddie then speaks to homeschooling,
he refers to the Annenberg Challenge (obama and bill ayers served on the board) .. then, KEVIN JENNINGS and GLSEN ..

EYES WIDE OPEN :shock:

For starters, beware anything coming out of Illinois (specifically Chicago). There are exceptions, take nothing for granted.

Betsy DeVos was (i believe, incompetent for the task).
There is much worse than incompetent, proven regularly in present western politics. :-|

.. prayers for students, their parents, integrity in education .. for protection from unwanted and unproven social engineering EXPERIMENTS foisted on society .. 1) by force of the sword, 2) with pirated taxpayer funds ..

Well beyond “Acting with impunity!”
0 x

UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:21 pm .. “Betsy DeVos was not competent for the job (of doing a much-needed complete overhaul of the DOE.)
Calling people an "infestation of rats and cockroaches"?

Wow, you are a hateful person.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Ken wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:42 pm
temporal1 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:21 pm (2021)
.. “Betsy DeVos was not competent for the job (of doing a much-needed complete overhaul of the DOE.)
Calling people an "infestation of rats and cockroaches"?
Wow, you are a hateful person.
i don’t mind clarifying.

It’s important to hate evil. It’s important to “hate the sin, love the sinner.”
It’s important to shield the vulnerable and dependent from evil, not force it onto them in situations where they have little or no possibility of escape.

i’m particularly concerned now that evil has learned to infest the laws of the land and pirate the public treasury.
this makes it exponentially more difficult to restrain. evil is not new. it acquires new tactics, similar in ways of rats+cockroaches.

(i added the quotes above to reflect the general consensus that DeVos was not loved in that job by anyone i’m aware.)

GaryK’s topic on Gender confusion has lots of examples of evil targeting the vulnerable.
viewtopic.php?t=4689

For this topic:
Do you have anything valuable to add? :arrow:

For this topic, it’s ok for you to hate the topic, to hate me .. please be brief. :wave:
0 x

UNKNOWN