Smoothie blenders?

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Smoothie blenders?

Post by steve-in-kville »

We had a Ninja blender but one of our children claimed it when they moved out. I really liked. I googled the idea and there seems to be blenders for such an application. I see there is one called a Nutribullet. Can anyone recommend one over the other?
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Smoothie blenders?

Post by Ken »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:15 pm We had a Ninja blender but one of our children claimed it when they moved out. I really liked. I googled the idea and there seems to be blenders for such an application. I see there is one called a Nutribullet. Can anyone recommend one over the other?
We have a nutrabullet. Works great. I use it about 10x more frequently than the regular blender. Much quicker and easier to use.

As I recall, my wife bought it on sale at Costco.

The blender blade part does eventually need replacing but inexpensive spare parts and accessories are readily available on amazon.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
violet
Affiliation:

Post by violet »

Pricey, but amazing, the Vitamix
1 x
Somebody
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Somebody »

We have a nutribullet. My husband has a 'bullet' for breakfast every morning. Easy clean up.

2 of my sister-in-laws have Vitamixes. I'd like one someday.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Somebody wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:00 pm My husband has a 'bullet' for breakfast every morning.
Reminds me of the time my grandpa was a little more than half asleep and put gunpowder in the coffee pot.
Easy clean up.
Boom! It's done.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
steve-in-kville

Somebody wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:00 pm We have a nutribullet. My husband has a 'bullet' for breakfast every morning. Easy clean up.

2 of my sister-in-laws have Vitamixes. I'd like one someday.
I'll have to check these out.
0 x

steve-in-kville

This better be the best $100 I ever spent 8-)
0 x

Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

Vitamix. Amen. It's one of those versatile appliances we felt we were splurging on. Hopefully we'll never be without one. 2 friends borrowed it and immediately bought their own. Fantastic when making cheese sauce, smoothies, homemade ketchup, soup, and a much more. And yes, it will make a steaming hot soup or sauce. It truly is a great investment.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

The Nutribullet and Vitamix are two completely different tools.

The Nutribullet is simply a smoothie-making tool. Much quicker and easier to use than an ordinary blender, and easier to clean up and toss in the dishwasher so great for daily smoothie and juice making. They come with various size cups depending on the size of smoothie you are making so easy to toss on the top rack of the dishwasher, or make multiple smoothies. You can also use them for blending soups and other foods but the capacity is smaller than an ordinary blender because they are more designed for smoothies.

The Vitamix is a very high-end (and very expensive) blender with much higher speed cycles and more powerful motor than ordinary blenders which allows one to liquify foods and produce absolutely smooth creamy results with a lot of foods that can't be obtained with more ordinary cheaper blenders. But it is still a big bulky blender that is going to be more of a hassle to disassemble and clean on a daily basis than the Nutribullet because it is so much larger.

Both are good products but they serve two different purposes.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

No disagreement on the fact that they are completely different tools. I would say that one reason we have a Vitamix as opposed to a Nutribullet is it's versatility. We don't have space for single purpose tools, and we would rather have one bulky blender than 2 blenders. Cleaning is a cinch if done right away, you don't disassemble it.

You are right, they are expensive. My wife saved until she found one she could afford,NIB, from a private seller. We have no regrets, and we enjoy a wide variety of smoothies. Actually, that's probably what we use it for more than anything else.
1 x