Smoothie blenders?

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Smoothie blenders?

Post by steve-in-kville »

Last evening I made one with arugula, apple and chia seeds. Wasn't bad. Want to try pineapple this weekend.

Made a "breakfast smoothie" with bananas, scoop of chocolate protein powder and cold coffee. Quite tasty!
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

You could probably make a smoothie version of ice cream flavors:
Chunky Monkey
Cherry Garcia
Chubby Hubby
Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz
:D

What type of blender did you finally decide to get?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

i still haven't joined the smoothie bandwagon. why should i turn my food into baby food and drink it?
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

justme wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:17 pm i still haven't joined the smoothie bandwagon. why should i turn my food into baby food and drink it?

Three quick hacks to turn your life into deliciousness, you won't believe number 3, Babies love it!

Personally for me soft banana's are gross... but add a few strawberries and milk... the banana texture is replaced with something better!
I shudder every time I get a chunky spot of banana though. Smoothies are great for masking a certain banana flavored medication.... :roll:
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
violet
Affiliation:

Post by violet »

justme wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:17 pm i still haven't joined the smoothie bandwagon. why should i turn my food into baby food and drink it?
Because they are delicious? and great on a hot day! :D

oh, and really yummy with a tad bit of homemade whip cream on them. 8-)

I also make them into homemade popsicles and the kids love those too.
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

My opinion also. Smoothies taste OK, but the ingredients one blends are almost always better unblended.
0 x
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

The argument could be made that with certain blenders, your food gets "chewed" finer than you would, thus making the nutrients more accessible to your body. It's a weak argument. And you shouldn't feel obligated to do anything you don't want to. For us, it's a great way to make the kids something quick to add to a less nutritious meal.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Frozen pineapple, two handfuls of fresh spinach, a cubed Granny Smith apple and almond milk. Don't knock it 'til you try it 8-)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

steve-in-kville wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:45 pm Frozen pineapple, two handfuls of fresh spinach, a cubed Granny Smith apple and almond milk.
Don't knock it 'til you try it 8-)
sounds good. i’m trying to add more veggies to my days. i have to watch fruits/carbs.
in olden days, the 70’s, protein was a bigger factor. later, when fruit smoothies became popular, i had to step back.
protein powders help.

there was a small shop in Santa Barbara that offered hi protein Carob Smoothies. loved those. they made a great lunch, we stopped in often. i tried to replicate, no great results. i believe they used raw eggs. i don’t believe they used fruit in this recipe.

in olden days, raw eggs were not deemed evil.
i would frequently make strawberry-banana breakfast smoothies for our children before school. i’d put a raw egg or two in.
they loved it, even my picky-eater daughter!

raw eggs are handy.
they’re used in Asian foods, authentic Caesar salad dressng, Beef Tartare. i miss using them - without fear.
fear is not a good condiment. :lol:

i once read the Chinese believe adding a raw egg to (fried rice, for example) doesn’t change the flavor, but enhances it.
i expect this is true. i mostly used them to add protein.

great memories.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN