Poll: Christmas observances

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.

How I celebrate Christmas:

Total votes: 0

ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Poll: Christmas observances

Post by ohio jones »

What special things do you and your family do on or around Christmas?

To the extent this year is affected by the pandemic, vote for and discuss your traditional practices.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: Poll: Christmas observances

Post by mike »

We get together with family or extended family. My wife decorates the house with a Christmas/winter theme. Our church has an informal Christmas service on a Sunday close to Christmas. We normally go caroling, but not this year because of COVID. Our family did go caroling for our neighbor who invited us.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

We get together with our kids and grandkids around the holidays- sometimes Christmas Eve and Day and other years another day- depending on schedules and when son's family is with my daughter in laws family. We go to the Christmas Eve service- this year my daughter and her husband will go and we will babysit her 7 month old. We will be meeting with our son and his family another day as they are not meeting with large groups, he will not be getting together with his sisters at all.

We keep things simple, I've gone to trying to make most of the gifts.

My sisters and I would get together with my mom and now just the 4 of us and our husbands after Christmas but not this year. Postponing it til spring.

Have a small tree with a lego train around it, grandchildren love it. It's on a table. A few other simple decorations that are seasonal and I change things out each season. Electric candles in the windows, just because I love them.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

We’ve experienced and enjoyed many ways of celebrating and remembering Jesus’ birth, family together and apart; this year yet another approach: Zoom. :shock:

We did it this afternoon, across several states, and it worked very nicely. :D
She used a combination of Zoom and Evite invitations.
http://www.zoom.com
http://www.evite.com

My granddaughter and i began working on this idea a few weeks ago. She hosted. :D
A nice experience for her. She enjoyed it.

In 2020, many children learned to be virtual students. :? :-|
This was an opp for her to learn about the preparation required to be a hostess/moderator.

The party was based on a Christmas Trivia Game, to last 1 hour.
Our family enjoys various games, no experience with virtual games like this. An experiment!

Everyone showed up, our hostess had instrumental Christmas music playing in the background;
she greeted us, opened with reading Luke 2:15-20.

She showed us the cookies she made for the winner, and the lump of coal for the loser. :D
With that, she set a timer for 45 minutes, and the trivia questions began! :dance:

Her mother kept track of names with the correct answers. And not. :mrgreen:

It went very nicely.
She surprised all of us saying she will bake “something” (a surprise) for everyone! :wave:

Her other grandmother requested we repeat for every holiday! :wave:
i told my grdaughter, that’s a compliment!

Lots of warm chatting, then, signing off. :wave:

The Wexford Carol
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN