Sick Bay

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Re: Sick Bay

Post by GaryK »

RZehr wrote:Today I am out of my bedroom. Still out of breath, but fever seems to be gone and cough is basically gone. Talking in long sentences or walking up the stairs leaves me out of breath.

My symptoms started with fever, then coughing. The coughing eventually made my throat sore. My taste was off on one day, things tasted metallic. There was never any runny nose or eyes, or sneezing. Lungs felt clear, but as I’m getting better I notice I get out of breath. I didn’t notice it before because I wasn’t talking or walking at all.
Did you test for COVID-19?
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

No. They aren’t testing for it here last I checked. Our county officially has no cases, even though the ones adjacent, do.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

RZehr wrote:No. They aren’t testing for it here last I checked. Our county officially has no cases, even though the ones adjacent, do.

If they are not testing, they will have no cases. Clever.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:
RZehr wrote:No. They aren’t testing for it here last I checked. Our county officially has no cases, even though the ones adjacent, do.

If they are not testing, they will have no cases. Clever.

J.M.
Used to be Made in China. Now we have a domestic supply.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

GaryK wrote:
RZehr wrote:Today I am out of my bedroom. Still out of breath, but fever seems to be gone and cough is basically gone. Talking in long sentences or walking up the stairs leaves me out of breath.

My symptoms started with fever, then coughing. The coughing eventually made my throat sore. My taste was off on one day, things tasted metallic. There was never any runny nose or eyes, or sneezing. Lungs felt clear, but as I’m getting better I notice I get out of breath. I didn’t notice it before because I wasn’t talking or walking at all.
Did you test for COVID-19?
RZehr,
i took a short respite from MN, i wondered how you were doing, and, how your family is doing?
do you have any idea if your illness, suspected COVID19, is in your area? work, church, friends?

the symptoms you describe well-align with CDC symptoms.

i also thot of Bill Rushby, in upstate New York, and gcdonner, in Tennessee ..
both have posted recently. :D

i hope forum members will post if they suspect they have it or know of others .. just to get an idea of what this virus is doing.

i don’t know these folks, but i thot their COVID experience, isolated on a cruise, was helpful.
They emphasized exercising lungs, and felt the pneumonia shots they had were helpful.
(They referred to a lung exercise plan i know nothing about.) My takeaway is: exercise lungs. :D

They are English, the cruise was in Japan.

Opinion, personal experience / 37:55 min.
“Early Symptoms of Corona Virus & dealing with the disease.” / The REAL David Abel
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Reading about aggressive flu this year .. hoping not to get it.
Stay well, everyone!
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

HBO / HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY

Cleveland / Wound Treatment: How hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) works / 2min
Description:
Dr. Valerie Ryan, MD, CWSP talks about hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) and how it can help patients' wounds heal.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is one of the treatments available at the David L. Smythe Wound Center at Martin Health System in Stuart.

Found in Comments:
✏️ Emily Hope Meechem WROTE:
2 years ago
“I was only 10 years old when I went into the Oxygen Chamber for my thinking skills“

HBO has been around for many years.
i was just reading about it recently, and struck with how many applications it has.
1 x

UNKNOWN