Sick Bay

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Sick Bay

Post by RZehr »

101 -103. But I think it may have broke. I heard through the bedroom door my 6 year old ask if dad was dead.
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Praying there are no others with sickness, either Covid-19 or otherwise. Us old folks are doing well down here in Tennessee. PTL
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

RZehr wrote:101 -103. But I think it may have broke. I heard through the bedroom door my 6 year old ask if dad was dead.
Hope your on the mend!
And I hope that was an innocent funny moment and your son isn't too frightened - and your truly okay.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

RZehr wrote:101 -103. But I think it may have broke. I heard through the bedroom door my 6 year old ask if dad was dead.
Keeping you covered in prayer, RZehr. How are you feeling?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Bootstrap wrote:How high is your fever?
If someone asked me that, I would not be able to answer. Not that I think I have a fever; maybe a slight headache, but I've been weaning myself off caffeine so that's expected. I've never had a corporal thermometer, but with all of this going around it might be a good time to have one on hand. Plus the store had an electronic coupon that might apply. So I stopped by the HABA department after picking up a few groceries, and they were sold out. So was Walgreen's. I was not desperate enough to try Walmart. Oh well, another day.

Praying for a quick recovery, RZehr.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

Thank you all so much! I thought I was done but the temperature went back up. Oddly enough the child sounded merely curious.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

RZehr wrote:Thank you all so much! I thought I was done but the temperature went back up. Oddly enough the child sounded merely curious.
Keeping our prayers going for you, RZehr.

There’s an old saying that fever rises after sundown. It’s true. So even if you feel better, please try to stay home. It’s recommended that 4-5 days after you’re fever stops (both day and night).
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

RZehr wrote:I thought I was done...
As they say on the pizza box, "until center cheese is melted and edges of crust are golden brown."
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

ohio jones wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:How high is your fever?
If someone asked me that, I would not be able to answer. Not that I think I have a fever; maybe a slight headache, but I've been weaning myself off caffeine so that's expected. I've never had a corporal thermometer, but with all of this going around it might be a good time to have one on hand. Plus the store had an electronic coupon that might apply. So I stopped by the HABA department after picking up a few groceries, and they were sold out. So was Walgreen's. I was not desperate enough to try Walmart. Oh well, another day.

Praying for a quick recovery, RZehr.
You can't find thermometers anywhere, in stores or online, right now.

I had a nice, mercury-free, manual, made-in-Germany thermometer. In the middle of my own quarantine period (the first one before I had a COVID-19 test, as opposed to the one I just finished), the thermometer broke with a crack because of a manufacturing defect.

I'm sure Wal-Mart would have refunded by $5 or $10, which was not terribly useful to me. I ended up sharing a thermometer with another, neighbouring household which joined me in mutual self-isolation. The silver lining is that we all learned what the term "axillary" means and got some good laughs out of that.
0 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

Today I am out of my bedroom. Still out of breath, but fever seems to be gone and cough is basically gone. Talking in long sentences or walking up the stairs leaves me out of breath.

My symptoms started with fever, then coughing. The coughing eventually made my throat sore. My taste was off on one day, things tasted metallic. There was never any runny nose or eyes, or sneezing. Lungs felt clear, but as I’m getting better I notice I get out of breath. I didn’t notice it before because I wasn’t talking or walking at all.
0 x