Sick Bay

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Sick Bay

Post by Valerie »

People here in NE Ohio are really getting colds/flues'& our local (Medina) hospital had been full & sending people elsewhere a couple weeks ago- because I'm a cashier at a drug store I noticed a sudden spike in medicine sales & people tend to tell me their sick or family/household sick. At work too, it's really going around & no one seems to call off & stay home so round & round it goes- I choose to pray & take vitamins & use hand sanatizer often at work because an ounce of prevention...... but someone here also said dr.'s are puzzled by this 'thing' going around that originally seemed like seasonal allergies but seems to be something else & yes the cough- the cough-
Personally I have to do the best I can to prevent catching anything as Neil has a supressed immune system (transplant recipient) so it's important I don't get sick or he could end up real sick-

Feel better soon Temp, Josh & whomever- :pray
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

:pray for better health for you T1.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I’ve been away from home for a few weeks and managed not to catch this latest thing. I have to come back Monday for a few days and am considering donning a hazmat suit for my stay..
0 x
Once Again
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by Once Again »

Praying you'll feel better soon, T1.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

There are a couple of threads that might be handy to add here. :)
There may be others.

Idiopathic CNS Hypersomnia
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1647

Ritalin
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php ... it=ritalin
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

“Could a discarded shampoo bottle save thousands of babies lives?” - BBC News

Potential inexpensive help for babies-children with pneumonia in developing countries.
Very promising!

i wonder why not for all ages? :?
0 x

UNKNOWN
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

temporal1 wrote:“Could a discarded shampoo bottle save thousands of babies lives?” - BBC News

Potential inexpensive help for babies-children with pneumonia in developing countries.
Very promising!

i wonder why not for all ages? :?
These stories always encourage me. Creativity and innovation to bypass expensive equipment: "necessity is the mother of invention".
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

FLU. ugh. :evil:
i’ve been sick for days, felt better yesterday, only to feel terrible today, as if it’s starting all over.

i read, it’s peak flu season now, that hospitals are full, and, there is a type of flu that has been fatal for a number of young children, not necessarily with other complications, like asthma. :(

fever, aches+pains, sinus headaches, sore throat, lack of taste, sneezing, coughing ..
did i forget anything.

wondering if others are dealing with it? - i hope not. :-|
george has not posted this year. :shock:
0 x

UNKNOWN
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

:pray :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

temporal1 wrote:FLU. ugh. :evil:
i’ve been sick for days, felt better yesterday, only to feel terrible today, as if it’s starting all over.

i read, it’s peak flu season now, that hospitals are full, and, there is a type of flu that has been fatal for a number of young children, not necessarily with other complications, like asthma. :(

fever, aches+pains, sinus headaches, sore throat, lack of taste, sneezing, coughing ..
did i forget anything.

wondering if others are dealing with it? - i hope not. :-|
george has not posted this year. :shock:
Sorry to hear you are sick Temp-Lord please help her have a speedy recovery-

Prevention Temp! Since you got the flu a little over a year ago, probably building up your immune system is key-
Vitamin C, Zinc, Vitamin D3-
Dr. Weeks Flu Shot

8 oz filtered water
2 TBSP Apple cider vinegar
1 TBSP raw honey
2 cloves minced garlic
Red pepper flakes (optional)

Some things to keep on hand-

Sambucol Black Elderberry Cold & Flu Relief (Homeopathic)
Oscillococcinum Homeopathic)
These are over the counter and you take at the first sign of cold & flu symptoms- they will shorten length of cold/flu
I've heard many testimonies on those 2 products-

A customer makes a Black Elderberry syrup that she can't keep up with the orders for it- works wonders-

This is kind of funny- but- a customer has to have spicy garlic pickles on hand. First sign of a sore throat, he eats them-
whatever is attacking him seems to go away. I decided to keep them in the fridge in case. I started with a sore throat Saturday morning and so started eating the hot garlic pickles, also drank ginger tea & added ginger- drank the apple cider concoction- drank a little of the black elderberry syrup (Plus I take vitamin C & D3 & Zinc). By the next morning no sore throat or any symptom (which I'm glad because the young guy I take to work started with the same type of sore throat before me and turned into full blown cold or flu & I didn't want it!)

Since I'm around sick folks all the time I have to keep my immune system up and so far I've only been slightly sick a couple times in the over 4 years in that position-

But NE Ohio is now been hit hard with flu just lately I'm told- (seen a lot of colds prior but not flu). Most folks I've talked to who had the flu, had also had the flu shot.
0 x