Sick Bay

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Sick Bay

Post by temporal1 »

Valerie wrote: Sorry to hear you are sick Temp-Lord please help her have a speedy recovery-

Prevention Temp! Since you got the flu a little over a year ago, probably building up your immune system is key-
Vitamin C, Zinc, Vitamin D3-

:?: Dr. Weeks Flu Shot

8 oz filtered water
2 TBSP Apple cider vinegar
1 TBSP raw honey
2 cloves minced garlic
Red pepper flakes (optional)

Some things to keep on hand-

Sambucol Black Elderberry Cold & Flu Relief (Homeopathic)
Oscillococcinum Homeopathic)
These are over the counter and you take at the first sign of cold & flu symptoms- they will shorten length of cold/flu
I've heard many testimonies on those 2 products-

A customer makes a Black Elderberry syrup that she can't keep up with the orders for it- works wonders-

This is kind of funny- but- a customer has to have spicy garlic pickles on hand. First sign of a sore throat, he eats them-
whatever is attacking him seems to go away. I decided to keep them in the fridge in case. I started with a sore throat Saturday morning and so started eating the hot garlic pickles, also drank ginger tea & added ginger- drank the apple cider concoction- drank a little of the black elderberry syrup (Plus I take vitamin C & D3 & Zinc). By the next morning no sore throat or any symptom (which I'm glad because the young guy I take to work started with the same type of sore throat before me and turned into full blown cold or flu & I didn't want it!)

Since I'm around sick folks all the time I have to keep my immune system up and so far I've only been slightly sick a couple times in the over 4 years in that position-

But NE Ohio is now been hit hard with flu just lately I'm told- (seen a lot of colds prior but not flu). Most folks I've talked to who had the flu, had also had the flu shot.
Thank you for the suggestions - is Dr Weeks Flu Shot the mix of ingredients just beneath?
i don’t believe i have any of these items on hand! (vitamins, yes. everyday.)
i drink water, have lots of soup, vegetables, liquids, etc.

this week has been bad. fever, sore throat, coughing so hard and so frequently, sore muscles everywhere. sleeping sitting up for 3 nights. not sure about tonight. i’m afraid to try to lay down.

today was much better, but, definitely not over it.
too soon to tell, i may yet have to deal with bronchitis or pneumonia.
it’s been years, but i have had both.
hmm. i have had pneumonia shots in recent years. hope they’re working.

today, i did take the trash out and got the mail, tho. surprised myself. :D
unfortunately, found the mailbox damaged. no idea how/who, or even which day.
i may have to replace it this time. ugh.

snow coming over the weekend. i may be shoveling Saturday-Sunday. may be.
ahh. it’s great to be young and spirited. :lol:

i’m surprised others are not complaining with it. my daughter+sil had it, my son has it now. grdaughter, so far, has avoided it. praying for her. sigh.

sunny days help a lot. daylight is lasting a bit longer now, day by day. :D
i feel as tho i’m losing the entire month of January to this affliction.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

temporal1 wrote:
Valerie wrote: Sorry to hear you are sick Temp-Lord please help her have a speedy recovery-

Prevention Temp! Since you got the flu a little over a year ago, probably building up your immune system is key-
Vitamin C, Zinc, Vitamin D3-

:?: Dr. Weeks Flu Shot

8 oz filtered water
2 TBSP Apple cider vinegar
1 TBSP raw honey
2 cloves minced garlic
Red pepper flakes (optional)

Some things to keep on hand-

Sambucol Black Elderberry Cold & Flu Relief (Homeopathic)
Oscillococcinum Homeopathic)
These are over the counter and you take at the first sign of cold & flu symptoms- they will shorten length of cold/flu
I've heard many testimonies on those 2 products-

A customer makes a Black Elderberry syrup that she can't keep up with the orders for it- works wonders-

This is kind of funny- but- a customer has to have spicy garlic pickles on hand. First sign of a sore throat, he eats them-
whatever is attacking him seems to go away. I decided to keep them in the fridge in case. I started with a sore throat Saturday morning and so started eating the hot garlic pickles, also drank ginger tea & added ginger- drank the apple cider concoction- drank a little of the black elderberry syrup (Plus I take vitamin C & D3 & Zinc). By the next morning no sore throat or any symptom (which I'm glad because the young guy I take to work started with the same type of sore throat before me and turned into full blown cold or flu & I didn't want it!)

Since I'm around sick folks all the time I have to keep my immune system up and so far I've only been slightly sick a couple times in the over 4 years in that position-

But NE Ohio is now been hit hard with flu just lately I'm told- (seen a lot of colds prior but not flu). Most folks I've talked to who had the flu, had also had the flu shot.
Thank you for the suggestions - is Dr Weeks Flu Shot the mix of ingredients just beneath?
i don’t believe i have any of these items on hand! (vitamins, yes. everyday.)
i drink water, have lots of soup, vegetables, liquids, etc.

this week has been bad. fever, sore throat, coughing so hard and so frequently, sore muscles everywhere. sleeping sitting up for 3 nights. not sure about tonight. i’m afraid to try to lay down.

today was much better, but, definitely not over it.
too soon to tell, i may yet have to deal with bronchitis or pneumonia.
it’s been years, but i have had both.
hmm. i have had pneumonia shots in recent years. hope they’re working.

today, i did take the trash out and got the mail, tho. surprised myself. :D
unfortunately, found the mailbox damaged. no idea how/who, or even which day.
i may have to replace it this time. ugh.

snow coming over the weekend. i may be shoveling Saturday-Sunday. may be.
ahh. it’s great to be young and spirited. :lol:

i’m surprised others are not complaining with it. my daughter+sil had it, my son has it now. grdaughter, so far, has avoided it. praying for her. sigh.

sunny days help a lot. daylight is lasting a bit longer now, day by day. :D
i feel as tho i’m losing the entire month of January to this affliction.
Wow you got a bad case of it! Our county in OH has had 4 deaths- more than any other county (this is recent).
Those ingredients for Dr. Weeks Flu Shot are supposed to help prevent and they're good for you anyways- by the way- it's the apple cider vinegar with "mother" that is essential for health- like Braggs brand.

the 2 naturopathic meds I posted are to help at the 1st sign of symptoms- to eliminate it becoming worse.
Black Elderberry is immune support.
This will sound odd but I read that eating radishes helps bronchitis- I cannot put it to a personal test.
Bone broth- real chicken soup- is healthy- I just wish you were closer and I'd make you some!
You are far too isolated especially at times like this-

Everyone lift up Temp in prayer please!
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Valerie wrote: Wow you got a bad case of it! Our county in OH has had 4 deaths- more than any other county (this is recent).
Those ingredients for Dr. Weeks Flu Shot are supposed to help prevent and they're good for you anyways- by the way- it's the apple cider vinegar with "mother" that is essential for health- like Braggs brand.

the 2 naturopathic meds I posted are to help at the 1st sign of symptoms- to eliminate it becoming worse.
Black Elderberry is immune support.
This will sound odd but I read that eating radishes helps bronchitis- I cannot put it to a personal test.
Bone broth- real chicken soup- is healthy- I just wish you were closer and I'd make you some!
You are far too isolated especially at times like this-

Everyone lift up Temp in prayer please!
it was a hard week+.
even last night, coughing so hard i still had to sleep with head “elevated.” ugh.
lungs wheezing, even when sitting and quiet! - crazy. no fever or pain. but. that sound. :shock:
i thought i’d be in the doctor’s office this week, after all. sigh.

Today, still coughing, but, better-enough, i’m not going to run to the doctor.
The overall signs are positive, i’ll watch it another week.

After all, a doctor’s office/pharmacy are great places to pick up more bugs. :-|

i’m a fan of bone broth, a classic my family and inlaws held in high esteem, for flavor and health. it’s interesting to see how it’s recognized by foodies now.

It’s beautiful+sunny out. Helpful for outlook.
Thank you for prayers. much appreciated.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

2020 / CORONAVIRUS / King County Public Health (Seattle)
https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health ... virus.aspx

Praying this does not spread as feared. :-|
There is at least one case in the nearby state university population, and some in Chicago.
The west coast, and Canada.
0 x

UNKNOWN
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

temporal1 wrote:FLU. ugh. :evil:
i’ve been sick for days, felt better yesterday, only to feel terrible today, as if it’s starting all over.

i read, it’s peak flu season now, that hospitals are full, and, there is a type of flu that has been fatal for a number of young children, not necessarily with other complications, like asthma. :(

fever, aches+pains, sinus headaches, sore throat, lack of taste, sneezing, coughing ..
did i forget anything.

wondering if others are dealing with it? - i hope not. :-|
george has not posted this year. :shock:
My guess is that you got the flu shot, right? If so, that is not a good idea for seniors or juniors either IMO.
Father touch my friend and bring her back to full health, in Jesus' name. AMEN
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

gcdonner wrote: My guess is that you got the flu shot, right?
If so, that is not a good idea for seniors or juniors either IMO.
Good to hear from you, george, and, thank you for your prayer. i hope i can accept it, even tho i’m not sick at this moment. so far, so good this season. i got the flu shot! i think in November. :?

i’m hoping to avoid flu this year.
i wanted to post about this new virus in China, it’s causing a lot of disruption in the world.

You had a January birthday - :D
Happy Birthday - this year, in Tennessee.
0 x

UNKNOWN
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

temporal1 wrote:
gcdonner wrote: My guess is that you got the flu shot, right?
If so, that is not a good idea for seniors or juniors either IMO.
Good to hear from you, george, and, thank you for your prayer. i hope i can accept it, even tho i’m not sick at this moment. so far, so good this season. i got the flu shot! i think in November. :?

i’m hoping to avoid flu this year.
i wanted to post about this new virus in China, it’s causing a lot of disruption in the world.

You had a January birthday - :D
Happy Birthday - this year, in Tennessee.
Oops, I didn't take note of the date of your post and the link took me right to that one... Glad you are doing well.
You can always accept prayer, no matter what! Blessings
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Please pray for me. I’ve been bedridden with a miserable fever and cough since Saturday.
0 x
violet
Affiliation:

Post by violet »

praying. Don't let it go too long before seeking help should you need to :hug:
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

RZehr wrote:Please pray for me. I’ve been bedridden with a miserable fever and cough since Saturday.
I will. How high is your fever?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?