Got Milk? — Poll

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.

Choose as many as describes your situation: (up to 5 choices)

Total votes: 0

DrWojo
Affiliation: Sylvian Christian Fe

Got Milk? — Poll

Post by DrWojo »

We grew up on Dairy farms, milked cows and breastfed our children. We currently milk goats when they’re producing and otherwise buy pasteurized milk at the store, but have bought many gallons of raw milk when available. Feel free to comment and enjoy.
Last edited by DrWojo on Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"Too often believers have trivialized goodness by concentrating on their various denominational brands of legalism, becoming a 'peculiar people' set at odd angles to the world rather than being an attractive light illuminating it." -Unknown
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: Got Milk? — Poll

Post by mike »

The poll is too restrictive; you can only select three options.

We do all of the following depending on the situation.

Buy pasteurized milk
Buy raw milk
Feed Babies milk
Feed Babies formula
Breastfeed babies

Raw milk is our favorite drink and we have a good source (my store) :) , but we also use pasteurized.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Milk is my favorite drink but I am lactose intolerant. Interestingly raw milk doesn't cause me problems but it is illegal to sell in Canada... and even though I bought it before I am uncomfortable influencing others to break the law so I can avoid stomach aches and so I don't buy it anymore. For now I avoid pasteurized milk too but one day I would like to have goats so I can have good raw milk again.

All our children were breastfed until we had issues with our last child and formula was required to keep him growing and alive.
0 x
DrWojo
Affiliation: Sylvian Christian Fe

Post by DrWojo »

FWIW — I tried to change it to allow up to 5 choices; I hope it works.
0 x
"Too often believers have trivialized goodness by concentrating on their various denominational brands of legalism, becoming a 'peculiar people' set at odd angles to the world rather than being an attractive light illuminating it." -Unknown
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Wade wrote:Milk is my favorite drink but I am lactose intolerant. Interestingly raw milk doesn't cause me problems but it is illegal to sell in Canada... and even though I bought it before I am uncomfortable influencing others to break the law so I can avoid stomach aches and so I don't buy it anymore. For now I avoid pasteurized milk too but one day I would like to have goats so I can have good raw milk again.

All our children were breastfed until we had issues with our last child and formula was required to keep him growing and alive.
Have you tried almond milk? In my opinion it's one of the better milk substitutes.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

mike wrote:
Wade wrote:Milk is my favorite drink but I am lactose intolerant. Interestingly raw milk doesn't cause me problems but it is illegal to sell in Canada... and even though I bought it before I am uncomfortable influencing others to break the law so I can avoid stomach aches and so I don't buy it anymore. For now I avoid pasteurized milk too but one day I would like to have goats so I can have good raw milk again.

Have you tried almond milk? In my opinion it's one of the better milk substitutes.
I have and it's okay kind of. Unfortunately it is extremely expensive in comparison here, so I've stopped buying it and settle for water and tea, of which I sometimes add a little of our homemade grape juice in for flavor.
0 x
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

We sell Guernsey milk in our store and many people that are otherwise lactose intolerant find they can drink it. Apparently it is missing one ingredient that is found in most milks.

I grew up on raw milk. Now I really do not like the taste anymore and prefer my milk coming in bags. :)

And yes my wife normally breastfed our children up till about 3 months.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I live on a dairy farm and am familiar with how clean and safe it is, so I drink our own milk. I would frankly avoid raw milk otherwise unless I could really vet the supply chain.

I do really like Guernsey breed milk and a local dairy sells it by the half gallon (Paint Valley Farms).
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Somebody
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Somebody »

We grew up drinking raw cows milk.
Our babies were breastfed, but had intolerance's to some of the foods I ate. Dairy being one of them. They were 2 before they could handle dairy. 2 of our children are lactose intolerant now as teenagers.
We now have goats and use goats milk when they are milking and buy cows milk when they aren't. Sometimes raw milk from the farm & sometimes pasteurized from the store.

You can make your own almond milk by putting the almonds & hot water in the blender. Blend several times and then strain. Use the almond meal that is left in baking or cooking.

I personally don't like drinking plain milk. Chocolate milk, yes.
0 x