Got Milk? — Poll

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.

Choose as many as describes your situation: (up to 5 choices)

Total votes: 0

temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Got Milk? — Poll

Post by temporal1 »

Speaking of milk / viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4966
DrWojo’s poll was lost, but some interesting posts remain.

Plus, revisiting imaginative uses of plural pronouns!
ohio jones wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:33 am Since we have no mice in our pocketses, we are unable to participate in the poll.

"We" do not breastfeed. I cannot imagine a successful outcome for either party if we were to attempt it.

"We" buy milk at the store. The white stuff that says 2% on the label, unless they are out of the half gallons, which happens way too often recently. Maybe I go shopping just before they restock, or something. Let's see what else it says on the label:
INGREDIENTS: GRADE A REDUCED FAT MILK, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D3. CONTAINS MILK.
PASTEURIZED - HOMOGENIZED - KEEP REFRIGERATED
THIS MILK IS FROM COWS NOT SUPPLEMENTED WITH ARTIFICIAL GROWTH HORMONES.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

The Promised Land was characterized many, many times as "a land flowing with milk and honey".
1 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Joy wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:00 am The Promised Land was characterized many, many times as "a land flowing with milk and honey".
:D you caused me to take a little journey and reflect.

“Virtual Israel Tour Day 11: Israel - The Land of Milk and Honey” / 5min

Children’s book: “In the Land of Milk and Honey”
By Joyce Carol Thomas, Illustrated by Floyd Cooper
https://www.harpercollins.com/products/ ... rol-thomas

The book is intriguing. i submitted a question about content. i have no idea if i will get a response. i hope so!
Christian perspective?

Because the title is taken from scriptures, and the book is honored by Pastor MLK Jr’s widow, does the content credit the Bible, so that young readers will know the source, and not presume secular understanding?

In the years of the book’s setting, Christianity was a significant factor in the overall culture, black churches were vibrant, people sought to live in hope and honor, regardless of socio-economic status.

Jesus uniquely offers hope and honor to all, in all circumstances. Young people deserve a full picture. Especially not a picture with Jesus removed (with surgical precision).

These questions come to mind because (i read) the author lives in Berkeley CA, and current PC children’s book awards are focused on banning (whatever they choose) while promoting (whatever they choose). subjective self-appointed purveyors of right+wrong.

i question all recent publications. (don’t throw your old books away!) i’m questioning this book before buying, i can’t support a book with this title if the author fails to credit to the source (the Bible). i hope to get a response.

it looks like a sweet book, i’d like to buy it. it reminds of former times when hope and honor were valued, Christianity was a central factor. socio-economic status was not a stumbling block, Jesus came for all, in all circumstances.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

Josh wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:32 pm I live on a dairy farm and am familiar with how clean and safe it is, so I drink our own milk. I would frankly avoid raw milk otherwise unless I could really vet the supply chain.

I do really like Guernsey breed milk and a local dairy sells it by the half gallon (Paint Valley Farms).
hmmmm. I guess it is alright to change your mind.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

appleman2006 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:51 pm
Josh wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:32 pm I live on a dairy farm and am familiar with how clean and safe it is, so I drink our own milk. I would frankly avoid raw milk otherwise unless I could really vet the supply chain.

I do really like Guernsey breed milk and a local dairy sells it by the half gallon (Paint Valley Farms).
hmmmm. I guess it is alright to change your mind.
Well, I have a herd share now with a new young farmer who raised Jerseys. I really like the quality of grass fed Jerseys. We can make butter out of it, or yoghurt.

I would advise anyone buying raw milk to become involved with understanding where their milk is coming from, how they are being milked, and so on. With that said, I support the freedom of folks to buy food however and from whomever they wish - even if it is food I think is dangerous, such as most fast food that is sold.
1 x