Tina's Turkey Recipe (might become your favorite)

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
ragpicker
Affiliation: Mennobapticostal

Tina's Turkey Recipe (might become your favorite)

Post by ragpicker »

If you are willing to give up the romance of setting out a beautiful whole bird and carving it, here's a turkey recipe that is becoming a favorite for many of our friends.

https://tinajewelscreations.blogspot.co ... urkey.html
0 x
Embrace the lonely road.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Tina's Turkey Recipe (might become your favorite)

Post by MaxPC »

ragpicker wrote:If you are willing to give up the romance of setting out a beautiful whole bird and carving it, here's a turkey recipe that is becoming a favorite for many of our friends.

This is similar to how my wife prefers to make chicken and turkey. She says it’s less waste of good nutrition and leftovers make a good pot pie. Every now and then she’ll do the whole bird traditional roasting because the family decides they want it.

No one lets me near the cooking production after that unfortunate incident with the turkey and fryer. Not even the dogs wanted it so I buried it. The children held a funeral service for it. That bird was so carbonized that it’s probably going to be found by an archeologist in a few hundred years.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

ragpicker wrote:If you are willing to give up the romance of setting out a beautiful whole bird and carving it, here's a turkey recipe that is becoming a favorite for many of our friends.

I printed that. We have exactly one of those birds, right down to the bag of giblets inside, in our freezer and not sure how to do it. Thanks RP.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i like turkey so-much, i try to fix it (for meat) at different times throughout the year, typically without “all the Thanksgiving fixins.” :D

yes, i have roasted turkeys mid-summer. :lol:
it does seem odd, but. it’s good. i put half in the freezer, use half for meals, we love leftovers.

this would be a great way to do that.

i’m glad for the romance of many years’ warm memories of traditional Thanksgiving dinners with my family and in-laws. it doesn’t seem possible those busy days are gone.

with so little, those older generations created so much, motivated with gratitude and love.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Post by ShantyShaker »

My wife followed the seasonings part of this, then covered and baked the turkey for 4-4.5 hrs. It turned out very moist, a lot juicer than usual. We really enjoyed it!
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ