Pregnancy complications (prayer request)

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Re: Pregnancy complications (prayer request)

Post by mike »

I'm very sorry for your loss. :(
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Post by ShantyShaker »

And now 3 1/2 months after our precious baby's death, we get told we have to move by July 31.
It seems like one blow after another for our family.

We've been trying to go on with life, but there are times that something is said or a song just trigger the tears again.

We appreciate you all's prayer support that you gave during the pregnancy, birth, and death of our son. May God Bless each of you!
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

ShantyShaker wrote:And now 3 1/2 months after our precious baby's death, we get told we have to move by July 31.
It seems like one blow after another for our family.

We've been trying to go on with life, but there are times that something is said or a song just trigger the tears again.

We appreciate you all's prayer support that you gave during the pregnancy, birth, and death of our son. May God Bless each of you!
thankfully, scriptures do not promise temporal life without hardship, struggles, or tests. if not, how much more painful it would be.
praying for a miracle for you and your family. and, praying it will come quickly.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Once Again
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by Once Again »

Praying.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

any news?
0 x

UNKNOWN
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

temporal1 wrote:any news?
We've been checking out our options this past week, it seems almost impossible to rent a house in this area with the size of our family thats still within our budget.

We are looking into low to no down loans as we weren't prepared to buy a house after having had over 50K in Medical expenses with our little one this winter. May Gods will be revealed!
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

ShantyShaker wrote:
temporal1 wrote:any news?
We've been checking out our options this past week, it seems almost impossible to rent a house in this area with the size of our family thats still within our budget.

We are looking into low to no down loans as we weren't prepared to buy a house after having had over 50K in Medical expenses with our little one this winter. May Gods will be revealed!
i was hoping you would have an address. such short notice!
have you looked on craigslist? i'm not sure i would think of it .. some do.
you could also post that you are looking for a place.
be cautious! but, people do use it.

maybe refreshing this thread will bring some ideas.
i wish i had some tangible idea.
continuing prayers.
0 x

UNKNOWN
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

I have browsed craigslist, not really helpful here as most places here will only allow 2 people per bedroom thus requiring a 5+ bedroom house for our family. And that size house is $1200 -$2,000 a month or more in rent. Just not do-able for us at this point.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

ShantyShaker wrote:I have browsed craigslist, not really helpful here as most places here will only allow 2 people per bedroom thus requiring a 5+ bedroom house for our family. And that size house is $1200 -$2,000 a month or more in rent. Just not do-able for us at this point.
affordable housing is considered a nation-wide problem, some areas are worse. i read a little about it, now that Dr Ben Carson is head of HUD, but have no ideas, no idea what may be ahead.

i recall one landlady did not want to rent to us, with a 2 year old (one child!) - in the late 70's. she acquiesced, we ended up staying there for several years, she was so happy with us as renters, she wrote a letter of reference to help us find another home. 2b/1b cottage with nice basement and garage, on the bus route for the university .. $250/mo. (she retired and needed the house.) otherwise, we might have never left! :P if only young people could find good buys like that today.

do you think getting a brief reference note from your landlord would help?

would you consider contacting local church offices to see if they know of anyone looking for renters? .. sometimes people prefer to find people through church contacts rather than advertise.
if you would like, i would be willing to make some calls .. let me know. i know time is short for you. if i can help, i would like to.

continuing prayers.
0 x

UNKNOWN
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

temporal1 wrote:
ShantyShaker wrote:I have browsed craigslist, not really helpful here as most places here will only allow 2 people per bedroom thus requiring a 5+ bedroom house for our family. And that size house is $1200 -$2,000 a month or more in rent. Just not do-able for us at this point.
affordable housing is considered a nation-wide problem, some areas are worse. i read a little about it, now that Dr Ben Carson is head of HUD, but have no ideas, no idea what may be ahead.

i recall one landlady did not want to rent to us, with a 2 year old (one child!) - in the late 70's. she acquiesced, we ended up staying there for several years, she was so happy with us as renters, she wrote a letter of reference to help us find another home. 2b/1b cottage with nice basement and garage, on the bus route for the university .. $250/mo. (she retired and needed the house.) otherwise, we might have never left! :P if only young people could find good buys like that today.

do you think getting a brief reference note from your landlord would help?

would you consider contacting local church offices to see if they know of anyone looking for renters? .. sometimes people prefer to find people through church contacts rather than advertise.
if you would like, i would be willing to make some calls .. let me know. i know time is short for you. if i can help, i would like to.

continuing prayers.

I appreciate the offer to help. I have a local Real Estate agent helping with the search as well as our large church family and my co-workers. I have some phone calls to make tomorrow to see what other options I may have.
0 x