Toronto area

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Re: Toronto area

Post by silentreader »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:
plain wrote:Kitchener sounds like a nice area. Maybe I go there.
Not knowing, but it would not shock me if Appleman went to Countryside.

J.M.
Hmmm....so does that mean you are shocked that he doesn't?
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

plain wrote:Going to Toronto area a week from now. Any plain churches to recommend?
Enos and Carolyn Miller at Tea-n-Bannock Restaurant used to meet in their restaurant for church. I’ve never been, but I can guarantee that time spent with Enos is fascinating!
0 x
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:

J.M.
Not a bad guess. I attended Heidelberg, the forerunner of Countryside and then Countryside from the time I was three until I was almost 40 and so it will always hold a special place in my heart. I was baptised there, married there, and our four children were born while we attended there. My mother-in-law and three of my brother-in-laws still attend there. And I would consider all of the pastors there to be personal friends of mine.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

appleman2006 wrote:
Judas Maccabeus wrote:

J.M.
Not a bad guess. I attended Heidelberg, the forerunner of Countryside and then Countryside from the time I was three until I was almost 40 and so it will always hold a special place in my heart. I was baptised there, married there, and our four children were born while we attended there. My mother-in-law and three of my brother-in-laws still attend there. And I would consider all of the pastors there to be personal friends of mine.
It was a guess, but an educated one. I guess you would stand by my recommendation. I have a friend or two there as well.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
Admiral Acbon
Affiliation: BMA

Post by Admiral Acbon »

This GAMEO-provided map may be of some assistance.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 32657&z=10
0 x
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Signtist wrote:
plain wrote:Going to Toronto area a week from now. Any plain churches to recommend?
Enos and Carolyn Miller at Tea-n-Bannock Restaurant used to meet in their restaurant for church. I’ve never been, but I can guarantee that time spent with Enos is fascinating!
We met Carolyn and Lydia Miller several times in the past week but there was very little opportunity for visiting.
0 x
plain
Affiliation:

Post by plain »

So the trip was nice. Was to Kitchener/Waterloo area. Was to two plain churches. One south of town (Grace Mennonite Church), and one in Kitchener (Oasis Mennonite Church). Did meet some mennonites, but also some board gamers, so also played some board games in the evenings. Was also to Millbank (for some food), a short stop in Mississauga. And to Toronto.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

You went to Anna Mae's for food, I would assume. I've never been there but it sounds good.
0 x
plain
Affiliation:

Post by plain »

Yes went to Anna Mae's. It was a good place. Good food, good dessert, nice staff and other things to buy. Can recomend it.
0 x
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

plain wrote:So the trip was nice. Was to Kitchener/Waterloo area. Was to two plain churches. One south of town (Grace Mennonite Church), and one in Kitchener (Oasis Mennonite Church). Did meet some mennonites, but also some board gamers, so also played some board games in the evenings. Was also to Millbank (for some food), a short stop in Mississauga. And to Toronto.
It was a pleasure to meet you and be able to show you around. And get beat up pretty bad at a couple of board games. :)
0 x