Drug Costs - Gag Clauses

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Drug Costs - Gag Clauses

Post by temporal1 »

“President Donald J. Trump Is Ensuring Patients Receive the Information They Need to Save Money on Prescription Drugs”
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... ion-drugs/
“We will work every day to ensure all Americans have access to the quality, affordable medication they need and they deserve.”
President Donald J. Trump

HELPING PATIENTS SAVE MONEY:
President Donald J. Trump is signing legislation to help give patients more information to save on their prescription drugs.

Gag clauses prevent pharmacists from telling patients when they would pay less for drugs out of their own pocket instead of using their insurance.
President Trump is signing legislation ending “gag clauses,” following through on his promise to end these unfair clauses and help save patients money on the drugs they need.

:arrow: The President is signing the Know the Lowest Price Act and the Patient Right to Know Drug Prices Act to end gag clauses for patients on Medicare and private plans.

The President’s blueprint for lowering drug prices and reducing out-of-pocket costs called for an end to “gag clauses.”
hmm. this might help.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Drug Costs - Gag Clauses

Post by temporal1 »

Ugh.
Today, i devoted the afternoon to going through papers, taxes, 2018 RX copays for the year, making several phone calls regarding (diabetes) prescriptions, expected copays for 2019, etc.
Trying to make decisions for next year’s health insurance coverage.

i feel sorry for those who are unable to slog through all this.
my years of office work, lots of telephone work, helping others slog through problems, getting my family through school, all these things are useful now, trying to deal with healthcare.
i never dreamed things would be like this.

at some point today, i thought i noticed President Trump say something about reducing the cost of prescription drugs, AND, Medicare? - What?! i must have heard wrong.

i continued with my project. almost done.
confident about wrapping it up tomorrow. it was nerve-wracking. but, i think i’ve got it. :)

later, i decided to try to find what it was i heard.
found it! -
C-SPAN / President Trump on Drug Pricing / 18 min
https://www.c-span.org/video/?453609-1/ ... ug-pricing

it’s a bit long, but, near the 15 min mark, he clearly speaks of lowering-the-cost-of-Medicare. :shock:
i heard what i heard. :lol:

We will see.
Even if it just doesn’t increase EVERY YEAR, or, if reductions are small, what a boost to the morale.
That combined with lower drug costs would be much appreciated.
i use 2 drugs that are costly. a constant headache. (and, i do not have headaches!) :P

i ignore twitter. i try to read about real work, real decisions, policies.
there is so much room for improvement.

C-SPAN can be like watching paint dry.
somehow, i stumbled on an out-take, then went looking for the full remarks.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

We can only hope and pray. Our costs have risen each year regardless. God bless you for being willing to work the slog and morass of paperwork.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Found the White House document of this initiative.
Blueprint to Lower Drug Prices
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God