Ritalin / Methylphenidate

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
haithabu
Affiliation: Missionary Church

Re: Ritalin / Methylphenidate

Post by haithabu »

temporal1 wrote: so surprised to read this.
it amazes how a person can read+read from someone, yet, “be in the dark” about the full picture.
recently, a forum member asked for prayers for depression .. yet, before this request, no indication of the inward struggle.

your posts do not hint of ADD, or any sort of challenge. :)
“squirrel?” in you?! :shock: :lol:

humans are strangely complex beings.

I have a hyperactive mind, and if I don't receive enough stimulation from my immediate environment then my mind wanders. I also have the ability to hyperfocus (which is a paradox) and go quite deep on an issue. Attempting to write well crafted posts that hardly anyone else reads is an outlet for this. :)

But I have trouble staying attentive to conversations and routine desk work slays me, and that is where Ritalin helps.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

haithabu wrote:
temporal1 wrote: so surprised to read this.
it amazes how a person can read+read from someone, yet, “be in the dark” about the full picture.
recently, a forum member asked for prayers for depression .. yet, before this request, no indication of the inward struggle.

your posts do not hint of ADD, or any sort of challenge. :)
“squirrel?” in you?! :shock: :lol:

humans are strangely complex beings.
I have a hyperactive mind, and if I don't receive enough stimulation from my immediate environment then my mind wanders. I also have the ability to hyperfocus (which is a paradox) and go quite deep on an issue. Attempting to write well crafted posts that hardly anyone else reads is an outlet for this. :)

But I have trouble staying attentive to conversations and routine desk work slays me, and that is where Ritalin helps.
truly fascinating.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i don’t know anything about this source.

“White children are especially likely to be overdiagnosed and overtreated for ADHD, according to a new study”
https://www.psypost.org/2022/09/white-c ... tudy-63880
.. What still isn’t known
We don’t know why white children in elementary school are especially likely to be overdiagnosed and overtreated for ADHD. One possibility is that white parents are more likely to seek diagnoses and treatments because they are more accepting of ADHD as a health condition. Limited research suggests that some parents may be attempting to obtain ADHD diagnoses and medications as a way to increase their children’s academic achievement.

We couldn’t investigate whether white children are more likely to be overdiagnosed and overtreated for ADHD during middle or high school because our study’s data collection ended at the end of elementary school.

What’s next
Researchers are repeatedly calling for investigations of ADHD overdiagnosis and overtreatment. We are extending our research by examining whether disparities in ADHD diagnosis and treatment vary for boys and girls by race and ethnicity.

a related thread:
“Throwback Thursday: Living an "impaired or enlarged life" “
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4265&hilit=ritalin
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN