The Chicken Coop, thoughts, and the homestead

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Re: The Chicken Coop, thoughts, and the homestead

Post by Wade »

I said, "I'm trying to learn how to communicate better, unfortunately by talking that learning is at everybody else's expense..."
My wife's reply, "Now your starting to get it." :-|
:laugh :laugh :laugh :-|
She has a lovely laugh and heart. :D
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Two thoughts from the coop today...

While shovelling manure I was taken back for need of maintaince in our spiritual lives that nothing defiles our closeness with God. It is constant effort yet a privelige to keep things neat and clean.

The other was watching the roosters get along with their weak crows when we first got them. That has completely changed, they are healthier and cleaner. So what do they do now - fight.

So why does neat, clean, and helth resort to fighting?

I can loose sight on the eternal and forgot our common enemy when I get comfortable. We'd do well to take heed to the exhortation to be careful not to bite and devour one another.

Butchering is what is coming soon - for some chickens that is.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Talked to a younger man(early 20's married with two children) that has taken a different course the last two months. He is reading through Matthew with his wife and he came to the conclusion that once saved always saved doctrine is wrong. He is changing and repenting and he now has a desire to live for God. He was excited to talk especially since this conversation was his first time ever meeting another Christian that also didn't believe once saved always saved.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Wade wrote:Talked to a younger man(early 20's married with two children) that has taken a different course the last two months. He is reading through Matthew with his wife and he came to the conclusion that once saved always saved doctrine is wrong. He is changing and repenting and he now has a desire to live for God. He was excited to talk especially since this conversation was his first time ever meeting another Christian that also didn't believe once saved always saved.
Wade, Hats Off wrote a piece that you both may enjoy discussing over coffee or even a meal. It's here.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Wade

Post by Wade »

We have lined up some more free chickens to pick up tomorrow. Some of them were labeled as Hutterite chickens. And with all the talk about non-resistance the thought crossed my mind that these chickens even though labeled Hutterite probably are not going to be non-resistant but follow the regular pecking order way of finding there place amongst the group.
I wonder how much Christianity follows this model of pecking order?...
May we prefer others before ourselves.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

A couple of the more memorable quotes from the men's conference I was at yesterday:
Nathan Rittenhouse wrote:I can do a whole lot of things to my chickens that I dare not even think about doing to my neighbor.
Christians should treat their animals differently than other people do. But that doesn't mean we don't eat them and enjoy them.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Wade

Post by Wade »

Another book I ordered came in the mail, True Christianity - Charles Finney.
I've only read the first chapter and am startled by his challenging straight forwardness. Sobering to consider his honest exhortations against my own life...
I thought, there maybe no way this guy would last today, as even us Christians are so easily offended that we would move to some other church. I think that, that original thought might be true on some accounts but reconsidered that it was for the most part wrong - we need bold preachers today calling people to a radical complete surrender and submission into the Kingdom of God.
We need those hard teachings of denying self and taking up our cross daily preached as much as ever before, for both the believer and un-believer to hear.
We need people coming to the scriptures expecting to find things that naturally makes them uncomfortable and challenges them, but with a heart to trust those hard teachings, rather than explain them away. People are missing out on some rich blessings when they don't...
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Wade wrote:Another book I ordered came in the mail, True Christianity - Charles Finney.
I've only read the first chapter and am startled by his challenging straight forwardness. Sobering to consider his honest exhortations against my own life...
I thought, there maybe no way this guy would last today, as even us Christians are so easily offended that we would move to some other church. I think that, that original thought might be true on some accounts but reconsidered that it was for the most part wrong - we need bold preachers today calling people to a radical complete surrender and submission into the Kingdom of God.
We need those hard teachings of denying self and taking up our cross daily preached as much as ever before, for both the believer and un-believer to hear.
We need people coming to the scriptures expecting to find things that naturally makes them uncomfortable and challenges them, but with a heart to trust those hard teachings, rather than explain them away. People are missing out on some rich blessings when they don't...
Amen and amen. :up:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
Wade

Post by Wade »

Walking on the snow today where it is packed down about 6-8" lower than the untouched parts of the yard, my foot sunk past my knee before I stopped... We should see grass in a couple months :lol:

While holding my three year old sons hand I noticed his giggle-cry, not sure what else to call it when a child is lightly fussing but kinda laughing - happy with each step but concerned with the next all at the same time. I couldn't help but smile.
I hope that is how we can step with our Father, when the next step brings uncertainty yet faith strengthened with each preceding step may we hold on and trust Him.
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Wade wrote:Walking on the snow today where it is packed down about 6-8" lower than the untouched parts of the yard, my foot sunk past my knee before I stopped... We should see grass in a couple months :lol:

While holding my three year old sons hand I noticed his giggle-cry, not sure what else to call it when a child is lightly fussing but kinda laughing - happy with each step but concerned with the next all at the same time. I couldn't help but smile.
I hope that is how we can step with our Father, when the next step brings uncertainty yet faith strengthened with each preceding step may we hold on and trust Him.
Wade, your anecdote reminds me of Peter leaving the boat. :D :hug:
[bible]Matthew 14, 28-33[/bible]
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)