The Chicken Coop, thoughts, and the homestead

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Re: The Chicken Coop, thoughts, and the homestead

Post by Hats Off »

It is just so much better when we can do it without acrimony.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

RZehr wrote:We do believe strongly in defending truth. That is s big part of this forum.
Maybe I wasn't clear or maybe it was Josh? You wrote truth and I wrote Truth. I can understand a side to defending truth but I wonder about the thought of defending God like He is going to be hurt. More like going out ahead of Him rather than following Him. Like I mentioned Peter trying to defend Christ with a sword. There is a confidence that is not prideful but humbly trusting God and expressing that in our words and actions that doesn't always come so quickly with us newcomers.
I think the way we view this will have a great impact on our ability to communicate on here without such emotion but yet still with great passion.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Hats Off wrote:It is just so much better when we can do it without acrimony.
Isn't it interesting how contagious acrimony is, even among Christians. I appreciate Wade's efforts to grow in Truth and the kindness shown to him by authentic Christians. It blesses my day.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Wade

Post by Wade »

Mother Teresa:
Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. How does a lamp burn? Through the continuous input of small drops of oil. If the drops of oil run out, the light of the lamp will cease, and the bridegroom will say, “I do not know you” (Matt. 25:12). What are these drops of oil in our lamps? They are the small things of daily life: faithfulness, small words of kindness, a thought for others, our way of being silent, of looking, of speaking, and of acting. These are the true drops of love that keep your religious life burning like a living flame.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Wade wrote:Mother Teresa:
Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. How does a lamp burn? Through the continuous input of small drops of oil. If the drops of oil run out, the light of the lamp will cease, and the bridegroom will say, “I do not know you” (Matt. 25:12). What are these drops of oil in our lamps? They are the small things of daily life: faithfulness, small words of kindness, a thought for others, our way of being silent, of looking, of speaking, and of acting. These are the true drops of love that keep your religious life burning like a living flame.
This is a good one, Wade. Perseverance in love. It fits well for the Waiting on the Lord thread.

Have you heard of little Alfie Evans? A judge and hospital in London is refusing to let his parents take him home or to Italy for continued treatment. The hospital took him off of life support and he began breathing on his own. Please keep him and his family in prayers. http://www.lifenews.com
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Wade

Post by Wade »

New life, how exciting.
And how much the more exciting - new life in Christ is!
[video][/video]
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Talked with a man last week, who is without a church...

His shirt said, "Follow the good Shepherd, not the great sheep herd."

I thought it was a neat shirt but the irony could also be a bit troubling...

Nonetheless we did have some good spiritual conversation.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Recently we had a homeless man excitedly buy eggs from us for $5 a dozen...
Also someone who is a vegan for quite some time bought some eggs too...

The thought that intrigued me thinking about this was the value and priorities I have placed on things.
What is so valuable to me that if I didn't have a home I would be willing to pay double for? And why?
For me would it have to do with health, quality, perspective, selfishness, unselfishness, etc?

And finally it reminded me to ask myself honestly are my values and priorities set toward the kingdom of heaven?
Matthew 13
44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
0 x