The Chicken Coop, thoughts, and the homestead

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: The Chicken Coop, thoughts, and the homestead

Post by MaxPC »

Wade wrote:Jesus said in Luke 6:
27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
I'm a little partial to Luke. Good one, Wade.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Ernie wrote:
Wade wrote:It was quite the Sunday. Feetwashing was preached, loving one another as the distinguishing trait of His followers, persecution and blessing back, being born again and more plus being grateful for those in the past - Pastor recommended reading The Martyrs Mirror.
Was this at the Independent Baptist church?
Yes.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Maybe you don't need a Mennonite church, Wade. :hug:
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Hats Off wrote:Maybe you don't need a Mennonite church, Wade. :hug:
Mennonite churches are still the only churches that I have felt "home" in...
But we're stangers and pilgrims in this world anyway...
I truly am trying to make the best of things. There is a lot of things that are good at this Baptist Church and other things that would drive me crazy if I dwelt on them.

Honestly we read scripture, pray, and sing as a family everyday. And look for ways to live it out. We want to be a blessing to this congregation. Even though attending church is very important to us it is only a small part of our time learning about Christ and living unto Him.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

In my experience, fellowship is so important along the way. I hope you can feel some fellowship where you are; we all have to take the good and leave the bad.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Wade wrote:Talked to a younger man(early 20's married with two children) that has taken a different course the last two months. He is reading through Matthew with his wife and he came to the conclusion that once saved always saved doctrine is wrong. He is changing and repenting and he now has a desire to live for God. He was excited to talk especially since this conversation was his first time ever meeting another Christian that also didn't believe once saved always saved.
Talked with this young man again. He certainly has a sharp memory and a desire to study and show himself approved unto God. He had pages and pages of scripture he's been studying... Sure is nice to see someone excited about wanting to know the Lord and His will better. I am quite amazed to say although he is unfamiliar with non-resistance, two kingdoms, headcovering, and etc. teaching and practice we agree on everything so far... This change has really opened his eyes but I'm not sure to dump extra on him as he is seeking hard anyway.

He agreed to come over for supper someday soon.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

That's blessed news, Wade! We will keep this young man and his family in prayers. You're wise to go slowly and let the Holy Spirit take the lead.
:pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Wade

Post by Wade »

I am starting wonder more about "defending," even verbally. Granted I think there are some opportunities that are appropriate.
But, I think of Peter cutting off a man's ear in defense of Christ... Yet why does Truth need defending? Truth IS. Immovable.
There is something so beyond denominationalism and whatever we "think," we belong to.
To defend takes reasoning and justification.
What did the apostles ultimately do? They fled.
Not to say I would do any better.

I want to stand for Truth because It holds me up - not because I am holding Truth up.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Wade wrote:I am starting wonder more about "defending," even verbally. Granted I think there are some opportunities that are appropriate.
But, I think of Peter cutting off a man's ear in defense of Christ... Yet why does Truth need defending? Truth IS. Immovable.
There is something so beyond denominationalism and whatever we "think," we belong to.
To defend takes reasoning and justification.
What did the apostles ultimately do? They fled.
Not to say I would do any better.

I want to stand for Truth because It holds me up - not because I am holding Truth up.
This is one of those cultural values ethnic Anabaptists have that is very hard for us outsiders to absorb (if we ever get it at all).
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

We do believe strongly in defending truth. That is s big part of this forum.
0 x