The Chicken Coop, thoughts, and the homestead

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Re: The Chicken Coop, thoughts, and the homestead

Post by Wade »

Minus 7 degrees Celsius this morning...
I guess the chickens water must be frozen...
So I went out to plug the heat trace in, to find it wasn't frozen at all...

Much like water freezing my spiritual life can be headed a direction before anyone can see it manifesting in my life.
So am I maintaining ground in areas while growing in others or have I done just as good of job fooling others as well as myself and so could my growing cold be unnoticed, yet?

Time for some quiet time with God.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Started seeds indoor today.

One thing about planting seeds is that it is dirty work and takes patience with care. But don't let the dirt distract from the outcome, planting seeds is worthwhile when we endure with patience.

Sowing takes faith. But the most obvious and overlooked part of it is that we truly reap what we sow. We planted tomatoes, peppers, and a couple other things, and I would be crazy to expect corn and cucumbers to grow when we didn't sow them.
Why then can it allude me at times to sow unkindness, pride, and judgement, while expecting love, peace, and joy to be reaped?!

No matter the environment rather let's follow Christ in sowing righteousness with patience.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Since sowing and reaping has come, some fundamental laws I believe:

If you want mercy, then be merciful.
If you want to be heard, then listen.
If you want to be cared about, then care about others.
If you want to be trusted, then trust.
If you wanted to be respected, then be respectful.
If you want to be loved, then love.
If you want to be forgiven, then forgive.
If you want righteousness, then take up your cross daily surrendering all, following Jesus Christ the Lord of righteousness.

Matthew 22:36-40
Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Wade wrote:Since sowing and reaping has come, some fundamental laws I believe:

If you want mercy, then be merciful.
If you want to be heard, then listen.
If you want to be cared about, then care about others.
If you want to be trusted, then trust.
If you wanted to be respected, then be respectful.
If you want to be loved, then love.
If you want to be forgiven, then forgive.
If you want righteousness, then take up your cross daily surrendering all, following Jesus Christ the Lord of righteousness.

Matthew 22:36-40
Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Amen and amen! :up:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Wade

Post by Wade »

Well, we have too many eggs from our free chickens that were "meat birds" and others "too old to lay any more." Told a couple people at work and the last couple days we have dispersed 9 dozen... With 8 dozen pre-orders...

The neighbor who lost his son a year ago is still grieving and so I listened to him for a bit today. He tried to clean up his sons room and belongings yesterday but couldn't do it.
Meanwhile the neighbors we went caroling with at Christmas had a brother die two days ago so my wife was talking with her on the phone.

Lots of listening... Both believe there unbelieving family members are in heaven... We don't agree but neither do we feel like being blunt. Praying for these families. :pray
0 x
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Post by ShantyShaker »

Wade wrote:Well, we have too many eggs from our free chickens that were "meat birds" and others "too old to lay any more." Told a couple people at work and the last couple days we have dispersed 9 dozen... With 8 dozen pre-orders...

The neighbor who lost his son a year ago is still grieving and so I listened to him for a bit today. He tried to clean up his sons room and belongings yesterday but couldn't do it.
Meanwhile the neighbors we went caroling with at Christmas had a brother die two days ago so my wife was talking with her on the phone.

Lots of listening... Both believe there unbelieving family members are in heaven... We don't agree but neither do we feel like being blunt. Praying for these families. :pray
I'm happy to hear you took time to listen to the grieving people. Grief is different for everyone, and it's level of intensity is so very different for each person as well. And it's something that never completely goes away either.
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

ShantyShaker wrote:
Wade wrote:Well, we have too many eggs from our free chickens that were "meat birds" and others "too old to lay any more." Told a couple people at work and the last couple days we have dispersed 9 dozen... With 8 dozen pre-orders...

I'm happy to hear you took time to listen to the grieving people. Grief is different for everyone, and it's level of intensity is so very different for each person as well. And it's something that never completely goes away either.
I agree. Listening is a very particular kind of ministry and it often opens a door much later on. It never hurts to listen and to comfort the grieving. Thank you for being a good listener to those in pain. Adding our prayers for them as well. :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Wade

Post by Wade »

Jesus said in Luke 6:
27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Is it I Lord?
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Wade wrote:It was quite the Sunday. Feetwashing was preached, loving one another as the distinguishing trait of His followers, persecution and blessing back, being born again and more plus being grateful for those in the past - Pastor recommended reading The Martyrs Mirror.
Was this at the Independent Baptist church?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"