The Chicken Coop, thoughts, and the homestead

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

The Chicken Coop, thoughts, and the homestead

Post by Wade »

Just finished cleaning the chicken coop with its 6" deep chicken poop. Lots of clean up here. The coop is about 10x12' with covered area of about 20x20' and at least 50x50'of fenced run.
Had to fix ceiling falling in and other things. The fence is also down but also covered in snow.

The best part is our seven year old daughter has been praying for chickens again for over 2.5years. I don't want to count the chickens before... But hopefully I am able to make it tomorrow to pick a bunch of free chickens and her prayers will be answered with a yes. :D
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: The Chicken Coop, thoughts, and the homestead

Post by Bootstrap »

Nice! Got pics?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

You want pics of chicken manure? I remember it all too well - don't need pics.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Hats Off wrote:You want pics of chicken manure? I remember it all too well - don't need pics.
:laugh
:rofl:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Wade

Post by Wade »

Bootstrap wrote:Nice! Got pics?
[video][/video]
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Looks familiar - been there, done that. :up:
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Cool! I miss having chickens ...
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Wade

Post by Wade »

The picture of the church in reading Ephesians 1 with the words of adoption, accepted, redemption, forgiveness, inheritance, sealed, purchased possession, enlightened, exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward, brings such a sense of belonging to God. But also there is such an emphasis on we and us that reassures it isn't about me, but rather His kingdom - His children together. Beautiful.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

It was quite the Sunday. Feetwashing was preached, loving one another as the distinguishing trait of His followers, persecution and blessing back, being born again and more plus being grateful for those in the past - Pastor recommended reading The Martyrs Mirror.

Tomorrow we go to visit some Mennonite friends a couple hours away. Really looking forward to visiting that wonderful young family.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Might be time for many or all of us "seekers"
to just stop seeking for something past and just start being without apology like our spiritual forefathers did.
ItIvan Illich wrote:We can only live the changes we wish to see; we cannot think our way to humanity. Every one of us, and every group with which we live and work, must become the model of the era which we desire to create.…All of us are crippled – some physically, some mentally, some emotionally. We must therefore strive cooperatively to create the new world. There is no time left for destruction, for hatred, and for anger. We must build – in hope, and in joy, and in celebration.
0 x