The Chicken Coop, thoughts, and the homestead

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: The Chicken Coop, thoughts, and the homestead

Post by RZehr »

Wade wrote:Might be time for many or all of us "seekers"
to just stop seeking for something past and just start being without apology like our spiritual forefathers did.
ItIvan Illich wrote:We can only live the changes we wish to see; we cannot think our way to humanity. Every one of us, and every group with which we live and work, must become the model of the era which we desire to create.…All of us are crippled – some physically, some mentally, some emotionally. We must therefore strive cooperatively to create the new world. There is no time left for destruction, for hatred, and for anger. We must build – in hope, and in joy, and in celebration.
Good idea for the Mennos too.
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

to just stop seeking for something past and just start being without apology like our spiritual forefathers did.
ItIvan Illich wrote:We can only live the changes we wish to see; we cannot think our way to humanity. Every one of us, and every group with which we live and work, must become the model of the era which we desire to create.…All of us are crippled – some physically, some mentally, some emotionally. We must therefore strive cooperatively to create the new world. There is no time left for destruction, for hatred, and for anger. We must build – in hope, and in joy, and in celebration.
No offence intended, but I would say that is one of your better ideas.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

silentreader wrote:
No offence intended, but I would say that is one of your better ideas.
:hug:
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Amen and amen. :up:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Wade

Post by Wade »

This is actually a picture of a 2' x 3' canvas that my mother-in-law had printed and she said she still has to frame or paint it before hanging it on the wall in their home.
Mother Teresa Quote.jpg
Mother Teresa Quote.jpg (963.38 KiB) Viewed 704 times
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

I do really enjoy Gary Miller's books.
Reading through Kingdom Focus Finances for the family - with my family.
It's exciting to get the children thinking and talking about ways to honour God with our resources. And humbling...
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Thank you Peregrino for pointing to the Plough website. This is from the daily dig:
Amy Carmichael wrote: Flame of God
From prayer that asks that I may be
Sheltered from winds that beat on Thee,
From fearing when I should aspire,
From faltering when I should climb higher
From silken self, O Captain, free
Thy soldier who would follow Thee.
From subtle love of softening things,
From easy choices, weakenings,
(Not thus are spirits fortified,
Not this way went the Crucified)
From all that dims Thy Calvary
O Lamb of God, deliver me.
Give me the love that leads the way,
The faith that nothing can dismay
The hope no disappointments tire,
The passion that will burn like fire;
Let me not sink to be a clod;
Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Our Baptist Pastor wrote: Salvation's Goal

“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” – I Peter 2:24

Peter doesn’t say Christ died so we could go to heaven, have peace, or experience love. He died to bring about a transformation: to make saints out of sinners. The deliverance we have in Christ enables us to depart from sin and enter into a new life pattern, a life of righteousness. He lives within us in order to live His righteousness through us
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Headache, tiredness, burning eyes, irritability, foggy head, lack of motivation... I think swing shift was designed by greed with outcomes that destroy health, quality family supper and devotional time...
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Wade wrote:Headache, tiredness, burning eyes, irritability, foggy head, lack of motivation... I think swing shift was designed by greed with outcomes that destroy health, quality family supper and devotional time...
Whose is the greed?
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown