Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Today ...

Post by Robert »

gcdonner wrote:Our first substantial snowstorm yesterday. We got 6" and our temps this morning were -3°, bbrrrrrrr
Got out the snow blower and cleared the 2" off the drive so spoiled daughter can drive in and park in garage. Yes, my vehicles are both parked outside.
1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Making lunch and my wife calls from the living room to look out the window. 2 bald eagles circling and diving at the river? Again. Splashes but they didn't touch the water...? Again... Oh, I see a duck! One eagle would come in and attack while the duck would dive under water to safety as the second eagle timed the duck coming up to try his turn at grabbing the duck. Again they circle and dive taking turns of who tries first with the second trailing behind to time the duck coming up. Again. And again. And then the eagles fly off to rest in the tree on the other side of the river.

The children almost enjoyed that as much as me. :D
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Wade wrote:Making lunch and my wife calls from the living room to look out the window. 2 bald eagles circling and diving at the river? Again. Splashes but they didn't touch the water...? Again... Oh, I see a duck! One eagle would come in and attack while the duck would dive under water to safety as the second eagle timed the duck coming up to try his turn at grabbing the duck. Again they circle and dive taking turns of who tries first with the second trailing behind to time the duck coming up. Again. And again. And then the eagles fly off to rest in the tree on the other side of the river.

The children almost enjoyed that as much as me. :D
You must have an interesting place to live.
1 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Today, my wife and I went to lunch at Hardy's after her Drs appointment. They do have pretty good onion rings and the hamburger was good too. My wife said the codfish sandwich was great! I read about 1/3 of a book while waiting for her appointment to be completed...
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Today my wife had her bloodwork done and this afternoon I am off to the dentist for a small adjustment in my lower plate. The temperature is up to 0° now, though it was at -10° when we got up. Getting ready to go off to the dump now. I wonder what I will find there today? I almost always find something good to retrieve. Last time was a battery powered drill, still in the box, with two batteries and charger and none of it looked like it had been used at all. I charged the batteries and it is working very nicely. Panasonic is a good brand too!
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Blizzard to near blizzard conditions, visibility poor to nil at times. Fire crews are being called out to block roads.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Peregrino
Affiliation:

Post by Peregrino »

silentreader wrote:Blizzard to near blizzard conditions, visibility poor to nil at times. Fire crews are being called out to block roads.
Sounds like we escaped the frozen north just in time. (We moved from Minnesota to Mexico in October.) Today is another clear, sunny day with temps rising from freezing at night to mid 60s in the afternoon. Right now the four oldest are doing their schoolwork at the dining room table beside the wood stove. It took several days to get our adobe walls warmed up but now the house feels quite comfortable all day long. At night the bedrooms are a bit chilly but not overly so. Makes for great sleeping!
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Signtist wrote:Image

Christmas is coming.... Today it's time to begin working on part of my wife's gift. It will be a 3 dimensional cedar sign, sandblasted wood grain background and the butterfly will be lifted off of the background to give it a floating look. The cobbler's children have been without shoes long enough!
hoping for a Signtist update! :D
'miss you, Signtist!
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

silentreader wrote:Blizzard to near blizzard conditions, visibility poor to nil at times. Fire crews are being called out to block roads.
Diminishing winds, visibility fair to poor, a few roads being opened.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

silentreader wrote:
Diminishing winds, visibility fair to poor, a few roads being opened.
please say you are in the Arctic Circle.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN