Prayer thread for Valerie and Neil

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Prayer thread for Valerie and Neil

Post by MaxPC »

We are continuing to pray for you both, Valerie. It seems that your guardian angel led you to that moment.
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

:pray :pray
2 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
Somebody
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Somebody »

:pray
1 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Valerie wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:01 pm The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous one available much, James 5:16, so thankful for the intercessors and we completely trust God for the outcome of this, thank you all.

This is a thread/topic Our Heavenly Father must surely be blessed to see.
Amen. Continuing to pray for you both.
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Thank you again for your prayers the Lord is attentive to them I can tell!

They moved Neil out of ICU which the only reason he was in ICU was because he wouldn't leave his equipment on, he delirium- (we've been through that before)

You feel so badly in the situation like this where you feel like your decisions and seeking God for guidance causes you to question your decisions, your faith being tested.

So again thank you for prayers he's so thinking he needs to go home right away, but his oxygen level needs to come up. Of course I hope and pray he has full recovery!

Thank you for beseeching the Lord on his behalf.

Valerie
2 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Valerie wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:28 pm Thank you again for your prayers the Lord is attentive to them I can tell!

They moved Neil out of ICU which the only reason he was in ICU was because he wouldn't leave his equipment on, he delirium- (we've been through that before)

You feel so badly in the situation like this where you feel like your decisions and seeking God for guidance causes you to question your decisions, your faith being tested.

So again thank you for prayers he's so thinking he needs to go home right away, but his oxygen level needs to come up. Of course I hope and pray he has full recovery!

Valerie
I’m so glad that Neil is doing better and I pray he comes home soon. I encourage you to give yourself a lot of grace about making decisions during this crisis. God knows you are trying your best.
3 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Szdfan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:56 pm I’m so glad that Neil is doing better and I pray he comes home soon. I encourage you to give yourself a lot of grace about making decisions during this crisis. God knows you are trying your best.
Amen. Giving yourself grace is important in times like these. Ultimately, it's all up to God.

Thanks for sharing the good news. We'll keep praying.
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Szdfan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:56 pm
Valerie wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:28 pm Thank you again for your prayers the Lord is attentive to them I can tell!

Valerie
I’m so glad that Neil is doing better and I pray he comes home soon. I encourage you to give yourself a lot of grace about making decisions during this crisis. God knows you are trying your best.
That meant so much, thank you :hug: and
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:25 pm
Szdfan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:56 pm I’m so glad that Neil is doing better and I pray he comes home soon. I encourage you to give yourself a lot of grace about making decisions during this crisis. God knows you are trying your best.
Amen. Giving yourself grace is important in times like these. Ultimately, it's all up to God.

Thank you, his doctor from Syria somewhat lectured me this afternoon, he was very emotional about it. He said that covet is not a joke. That really hurt because we have never said that it's a joke, you're treated it like it was a joke. I certainly understand his zealousness for the vaccine but I did share with him that we had really prayed and sought out the Lord on this decision and did listen to various doctors opinions, etc. I imagine if you're a doctor or a nurse serving on a covid floor this is very difficult
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Valerie wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:23 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:25 pm

Thank you, his doctor from Syria somewhat lectured me this afternoon, he was very emotional about it. He said that covet is not a joke. That really hurt because we have never said that it's a joke, you're treated it like it was a joke. I certainly understand his zealousness for the vaccine but I did share with him that we had really prayed and sought out the Lord on this decision and did listen to various doctors opinions, etc. I imagine if you're a doctor or a nurse serving on a covid floor this is very difficult
I understand his frustration. A lot of hospitals have been overwhelmed by Covid and there is a vaccine that people are refusing to take. That being said, sometimes you have to make a decision and live with it regardless of what other people think. You know you were seeking God through all of this.
2 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford