People You Hang Out With

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.

Are the people you hang out with similar to you?

Total votes: 0

Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Re: People You Hang Out With

Post by Wade »

Bootstrap wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:52 pm Tell me about the people you spend time with in a typical month.
In the last month I've spent time with my family, so my wife and children.

My parents and father-in-law and mother-in-law have visited us.

Another one of my alcoholic friends drank himself to death two days after I had just visited him.

People in the local CA congregation here.

I visited my lesbian sister and her partner yesterday.

I have a couple AA friends, a few Catholic, Protestants, atheists, JW's and a few other people that I talk with regularly at work.

A doukhobour neighbour came by our house and chatted a couple days ago.

We have a new Christian who is a recovered addict and even ex-John(prostitute bodyguard) who lives on our property with his unbelieving commonlaw partner and two daughters.
0 x
KrisKramer
Affiliation: Raised Conserv. Menn

Post by KrisKramer »

Bootstrap wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:52 pm Tell me about the people you spend time with in a typical month.

My co-workers at work during work hours

My spouse and 3 teenage children

That's it
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

The people I hang out with the most are in this order:
My wife and two daughters...
Internationals and college students
A brother from our church
Other friends and relatives
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

I used to hang out with "bums and winos". It was sort of a ministry to these guys. Over the years hanging out has changed. Now I mostly hang out with my wife, at other times I hung out with co-workers. I never really hung out much with the guys at my old church - I think common occupations and hobbies determine more who I hang out with than anything else (except for the bums and winos).
0 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

My sister who lives with me.
Church folks.
My cousin who is very serious about following Jesus. Some of her thirteen siblings.
Last month, a first visit in prison since lockdown; he's not a believer.
Local adults who stop me in stores, etc. to reminisce about their time in our Bible clubs as children.
Last Sunday, permission granted to visit a nursing home resident who loves Jesus. Told the aide vetting us that it felt like getting into prison, except she didn't pat me down. :lol:
On the phone, frequent 20-minute calls from a black bro in Virginia prison.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Probably best to take the 5th on this one, since in some jurisdictions, admitting to "hanging out" with someone who isn't in your household is, apparently, crime, and even certain people here on MennoNet have claimed it's akin to murder, or else akin to making life very stressful and difficult for overworked healthcare workers.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Josh wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:13 pm Probably best to take the 5th on this one, since in some jurisdictions, admitting to "hanging out" with someone who isn't in your household is, apparently, crime, and even certain people here on MennoNet have claimed it's akin to murder, or else akin to making life very stressful and difficult for overworked healthcare workers.
So... I guess hitting up the local greasy spoon for breakfast early in the morning with a friend would be an absolute atrocity?
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:28 am
Josh wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:13 pm Probably best to take the 5th on this one, since in some jurisdictions, admitting to "hanging out" with someone who isn't in your household is, apparently, crime, and even certain people here on MennoNet have claimed it's akin to murder, or else akin to making life very stressful and difficult for overworked healthcare workers.
So... I guess hitting up the local greasy spoon for breakfast early in the morning with a friend would be an absolute atrocity?
You should not be going out to eat except with members of your immediate household, and then only for essential purposes. When at all possible, you should use curbside/to-go options or drivethrus. Social gatherings in public should be avoided.

Likewise, you should make sure to place your mask back on your face between bites and sips, and also whenever you might risk talking to one of the waitstaff.

In any case, why do you need to meet a friend at a diner? Instead, order delivery and have a Zoom call and watch each other eat via video instead. It's safer, healthier, and just as good as seeing each other in person.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Josh wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:40 pm In any case, why do you need to meet a friend at a diner? Instead, order delivery and have a Zoom call and watch each other eat via video instead. It's safer, healthier, and just as good as seeing each other in person.
Except when the spaghetti gets tangled up in the headset mic.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

ohio jones wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:06 pm
Josh wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:40 pm In any case, why do you need to meet a friend at a diner? Instead, order delivery and have a Zoom call and watch each other eat via video instead. It's safer, healthier, and just as good as seeing each other in person.
Except when the spaghetti gets tangled up in the headset mic.
I hate it when that happens...

Also as a word of caution... touch screens are not built for kissing. It can be quite electrifying...
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat