Please help me finding stable Ggound

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
elshaddai77
Affiliation: Evangelical

Please help me finding stable Ggound

Post by elshaddai77 »

Hello all thanks for this beautiful forum God has provided us to be part of. I am posting on here because I am needing help as of late.

I could get in a big long history as to the events of what has happened in my life however it won't do much good and I will get to the point. I became a born again Christian years ago. It has caused a spiritual division with my immediate family as my father, mother, and brother are not saved. However what has been a continual issue for that I have depended on my mom and ad for a place to live and employment for the last 10 or so years. However what I am needing help with is finding a place to go where I can find good stable ground spiritually where I can focus growing in my walk with the Lord and gain my strength. My family has continued to great a very unstable spiritual environment.

I have approached colonies in the past and asked them to if I could join for this reason however its always been "no". However with the type of relationship I have with my parents its very oppressive and if I don't find the help I need things are going to end in disaster. So anyone willing help me please.
0 x
elshaddai77

Re: Please help me finding stable Ground

Post by elshaddai77 »

I really hope someone out there is listening because I am at my wits end. I feel orphaned at this point from my family and I have no job and basically no place to go.
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: Please help me finding stable Ground

Post by Sudsy »

elshaddai77 wrote:I really hope someone out there is listening because I am at my wits end. I feel orphaned at this point from my family and I have no job and basically no place to go.
Perhaps pointing out your location will help so a good fellowship spot can be recommended.

Also, use this forum to ask questions and get some input from other Christians on spiritual matters. Even though we have our disagreements, like most families do, we still are part of the same family of God.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
QuietObserver
Affiliation:

Re: Please help me finding stable Ggound

Post by QuietObserver »

Are you aware of Elmendorf Christian Community in Minnesota? They are a less traditional Hutterite colony.
0 x
elshaddai77

Post by elshaddai77 »

I am located in Biggar, SK
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Are you saying you've tried joining Hutterite, or Bruderhoff's? Have they given you a reason why they said no? If you are determined to live in as a colony, I don't have a colony to offer you. What is it about a colony that you like? Is it possible that what you desire from a colony could also be found outside a colony setting, such as a close church community?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

It's hard to join a colony. Generally one has to prove to them you will be a stable addition to the group - not the other way around.

I would recommend finding a solid church to be a part of. My own church has a congregation in Delisle. If one is serious about looking for work, there are usually jobs to be had in the community that people in church will know about. Of course one has to be willing to work hard and not just expect a hand out, but people will help you on your way.

I don't recommend moving whole hog for a church or a community. It is too devastating if you run into a road block or a major red flag. You have to uproot your life and move somewhere else. I would instead see if you can manage a drive to a church within an hour from you. You can spend time on Sundays getting to know the people there, and seek counsel and help for how to deal with your family and your current job.

I did that when I came to my current church and people there were really helpful to me.
0 x
elshaddai77

Post by elshaddai77 »

Thank you guys for responding. I am not looking for a handout at all. Just that its going to take sometime to sort this out carefully when and if I do leave. Something actually amazing just happened today. My dad was willing to take the time to work on a house that I am supposed to be moving into and help with a major aspect that needs to be done with that house before one can move on to other aspects of it. Right it is process for to me to move around and get to know people. It doesn't necessarily have to be "living in community" however finding people that are part of church congregation that are only willing "pray" but taken "action" when others in the congregation are need (look up Act 2:44).

This North American mind set of "every man for themselves" has plagued the church so badly when it comes to helping those who desperately need.

It is hard to say just where my parents are at with things. At least something will get accomplished today that will help however I am going to reach to others in the case that we need each other's help. This is a very important thing that needs to happen especially if were to withstand that issues that we as a church of Jesus Christ are going to face in the "last days"

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... rsion=AKJV (Act 2:44)
0 x
elshaddai77

Post by elshaddai77 »

Thanks all for the replying to my messages on Mennonet. Currently I have finally discovered what the main issue I have been struggling with in the church I have been attending. There is an incredible lack of discipleship. In other words: the people in the modern church don't get together and do things with each during the week. They don't Bible study, they don't help one another when one is need. Its big problem in a lot of churches across North America. I recently talked to another person that runs a home church. I told him about this and he explained that is why he home churches because he encounters the exact same problem. The body of Christ doesn't work together properly when there is no discipleship.

And that is what I am seeking from a colony: discipleship. However I have recently visited an old order Mennonite church in my area and there is an incredible amount of good discipleship.

Why I am currently struggling with my family life is my parents are not believing Christians and I am unequally yoked with them. I not only live under their roof so to speak but I also work with my dad as he has business. So this type of relational dynamic causes all sorts of havoc in my life. My parents relationship towards me is very oppressive and this is going to continue to be a problem until I can find the help and support I need to turn this around. I need a complete change of environment. Because I really feel like an orphan, not physically, but mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

And on top of this I have tried to discuss these things with my parents however with no success. They present a barrier in our communication and we can't even get that first step right between us. And it because of there attitude towards me: They treat me like the little kid they have always know and understood to be. They don't see the change in my life and continuing to ignore such. And often times when they sees change they don't desire (when there of God), that is where the oppression starts. I recently was baptized and they would not even sit down and have meal with me afterwards with the rest of the church congregation there. So this is the problem, I need PEOPLE in my life who are going to support me helping and finding to get on my feet other wise I am going to continue to struggle my whole life long.

Aaron Carter

Ph: 306 - 281 -7072
E-mail: aaroncarter0001@protonmail.com
0 x