Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
violet
Affiliation:

Re: Today ...

Post by violet »

I hope 2022 heals your broken heart too Robert. :hug:
1 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Robert wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:56 am It was actually last night. I man that my middle boy works for from time to time invited my youngest two to a New Years Party with his grandchildren. He just loves my middle boy and is quite sad we will be moving. He lives in he next town over.

They had such a good time. I told my wife that this is what we hoped to find in the town we are living and did not. I am quite happy they had such a positive experience with his grandkids. They are the type of children I want them to associate with but did not find here. I hope in our move to Texas, we will find some again.

The new year will bring many new experiences for us as we move. The reason for the move is multifold, but mostly I just want to find a place my two boys can be accepted for who they are and the limitations they have. Moving closer to my sister in law's family should help a lot They seem to get along with them and she has 3 special needs children also and really understands.

I hope 2022 heals my broken heart.
I will pray for you and your family, Robert. One of our dearest friends had a special needs child, and the road they walked was full of struggles and pain. But the ultimate pain was when he passed away as a young adult.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

violet wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:14 pm I hope 2022 heals your broken heart too Robert. :hug:
Grace wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:12 am
Robert wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:56 am It was actually last night. I man that my middle boy works for from time to time invited my youngest two to a New Years Party with his grandchildren. He just loves my middle boy and is quite sad we will be moving. He lives in he next town over.

They had such a good time. I told my wife that this is what we hoped to find in the town we are living and did not. I am quite happy they had such a positive experience with his grandkids. They are the type of children I want them to associate with but did not find here. I hope in our move to Texas, we will find some again.

The new year will bring many new experiences for us as we move. The reason for the move is multifold, but mostly I just want to find a place my two boys can be accepted for who they are and the limitations they have. Moving closer to my sister in law's family should help a lot They seem to get along with them and she has 3 special needs children also and really understands.

I hope 2022 heals my broken heart.
I will pray for you and your family, Robert. One of our dearest friends had a special needs child, and the road they walked was full of struggles and pain. But the ultimate pain was when he passed away as a young adult.

Isn’t it puzzling how this forum, and the rest of the “bountiful” internet is made up of thousands+millions of posts, unending “information” sites+sources, YET .. those things that hurt us, torment us, bring us to our knees, cannot be shared and met together??

Possibly most carry unspeakable heartache, it can last for years+years. Silent cries for help. Seemingly, no way out.

When i think of this i (now) think of the CAM threads. The very real pain+frustration of people who feel trapped. And some of those who might have suspected or seen, who wanted to speak or act, but saw no way out. Fearing “making everything worse.”

And then.
The questions about, “did i do enough?” “did i overlook something?” “did i ignore and let this happen?”

Funny how children dream of being grown-up! Imagining, at last their troubles will end! They can decide! They will be in control!
i remember such dreams.

When, in reality, it’s more likely, today’s trials are preparation for bigger trials tomorrow.

During my husband’s terminal illness, i remember being grateful we were not new believers in that process.
Instead, we had the benefit+strength faith gives. All prior trials seemed like (unknown, unpredicted) preparation for this one.

Well. So it goes. Until we are finally called home.
2 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
violet
Affiliation:

Post by violet »

We thought either a bear was clawing at the house or a cow got into the yard. It sounded as though a dump truck was going to come through the kitchen wall.

The Eldest and I are at a home watching an elder for the night.

"Mom, do you think you could figure out the gun if you had to?" she asks.

I look at her in disblief...but I do consider it. I know where it is.

More horrific noises are coming from the outside of the wall.

We are deep in mountain country.

We consider calling the neighbor, we discuss, we don't.

We lock the doors. We sneak upstairs and peer out the window. We are looking for a cow, a bear, or bigfoot. (yeah, we know).

We see NOTHING.

We sneak back down the stairs and flick on the light. Maybe we will scare it.

We peer out the window.

We see a possum.

We eye one another and swear not to tell a soul.

We drink tea.

I just had to tell...it is too good not too. And, we grew up in the country. Maybe we need more time in the woods...we reacted like cityfolk...LOL.
8 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

In our house it's squirrels. They sound like someone with boots walking through our attic. I don't know how they achieve that effect, but it can be a bit unnerving if you're home alone. I had a spray that worked at deterring the little varmints, but climbing the tall ladder and hoisting myself up into the attic to walk the beams to do so doesn't sound appealing any more.
6 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

violet,
that’s a hoot! good for lots of chuckles yet to come.

funny. i’ve lived in the country now for about 15 years. i believe i saw more wildlife in town than i have here. i did not expect that. but, you know, animals go where easy food is. so. raccoons, possums, even coyotes, etc., in town, esp on the edges.

i’m not sure i could figure out how to fire a gun, either. :-|

possums.
when our daughter was a preteen, maybe younger, 6-10? we moved, in town.
one day she unexpectedly came upon a possum in our garage! they aren’t the prettiest creatures. :shock:
she was surprised+frightened. both survived.

i’ll ask her about it. i’m pretty sure she’ll remember it vividly.

squirrels are my biggest nuisance. like Joy describes, i hear them running (i think+hope) they’re on the roof! - noisy+heavy, they sound like they’re in the attic, and about to fall thru the ceiling. my mother used to call them “rats with bushy tails.”
which i found mean-spirited as a child, but completely accurate as an adult. :lol:

0 x

UNKNOWN
Somebody
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Somebody »

Oh, what adventures you have, Violet!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, its not very funny at the time, but when its all over, the laughter begins!
1 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Today after a long slog... Covid has slipped into my facility. Hopefully the clients survive... vector so far seems to be vaccinated staff who are out with covid...
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Soloist wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:20 pm Today after a long slog... Covid has slipped into my facility. Hopefully the clients survive... vector so far seems to be vaccinated staff who are out with covid...
So much for the supposed protection of getting vaxxed.
2 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

gcdonner wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:27 am
Soloist wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:20 pm Today after a long slog... Covid has slipped into my facility. Hopefully the clients survive... vector so far seems to be vaccinated staff who are out with covid...
So much for the supposed protection of getting vaxxed.
Maybe the best to hope for is the vaccines are all placebos, a harmless money-making ruse to access the Public Treasury in big ways.
0 x

UNKNOWN