Prayer thread for Valerie and Neil

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Prayer thread for Valerie and Neil

Post by ohio jones »

:clap: So good to hear he's out of ICU, and continued prayers for improvement.
4 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

ohio jones wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:17 pm :clap: So good to hear he's out of ICU, and continued prayers for improvement.
Thank you OJ. & All-
Sincerely appreciate & are so grateful, its getting us both through. Don't we love testimonies that attest to God's working, healing, or- if He so choses as our appointed time, that we Trust His timing.

We are surrounded by people who need to hear about God, His Don, & also the working & comfort of Holy Spirit.

Im here again with him & he only tried to get out of bed 5x through the night they said- which is an improvement
:clap: (i will take any good report!)
4 x
haithabu
Affiliation: Missionary Church

Post by haithabu »

Very good!
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Greetings everyone-
There's so much going on I hadn't taken the time to update you on Neil.

He was discharged on Thursday night from the hospital. He will get in home nurse and in home rehabilitation.

He's been extremely tired, but I think upping his blood pressure medicine really made him lightheaded and lethargic I've seen this in the past.

He has some kind of thrush going on in his mouth and throat who knows side effects from remdesivir or medications or the oxygen drying his mouth out so bad etc.

He came home needing 5 l of oxygen. Depending on how he improves he may be homebound for quite a while. I learned three different types of oxygen tanks the portable one only lasts an hour so we'll be pretty tied down.

Overall the doctor seem very pleased that his daily progress I was mainly concerned with the remdesivir with scary reports about that, and he took a full 10 days which concerned me. But they watched his organs closely and all his reports looks good and they seem to feel he did better than a lot of people and considering his age and being a transplant recipient we were thankful. We attribute this the prayers going up for him. I've been run ragged it seems trying to keep up with everything but God has given me strength and I attribute this to prayers as well-. Someone in this condition when they come home needs a lot of help at every turn, so I just keep asking the Lord for a servant's heart to not get tired out or impatient with my somewhat resistant patient-

I hope to hear more good reports from Haithabu.

Haha- he just now said to me he's worried about me!

God bless,

Any questions? I learned a lot.

Valerie (and Neil)
8 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Valerie, this is good to hear. Best of health to Neil.
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

Glad to hear this.
1 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Excellent news, Valerie - thanks for sharing this!
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Valerie wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm Greetings everyone-
There's so much going on I hadn't taken the time to update you on Neil.

He was discharged on Thursday night from the hospital. He will get in home nurse and in home rehabilitation.

He's been extremely tired, but I think upping his blood pressure medicine really made him lightheaded and lethargic I've seen this in the past.

He has some kind of thrush going on in his mouth and throat who knows side effects from remdesivir or medications or the oxygen drying his mouth out so bad etc.

He came home needing 5 l of oxygen. Depending on how he improves he may be homebound for quite a while. I learned three different types of oxygen tanks the portable one only lasts an hour so we'll be pretty tied down.

Overall the doctor seem very pleased that his daily progress I was mainly concerned with the remdesivir with scary reports about that, and he took a full 10 days which concerned me. But they watched his organs closely and all his reports looks good and they seem to feel he did better than a lot of people and considering his age and being a transplant recipient we were thankful. We attribute this the prayers going up for him. I've been run ragged it seems trying to keep up with everything but God has given me strength and I attribute this to prayers as well-. Someone in this condition when they come home needs a lot of help at every turn, so I just keep asking the Lord for a servant's heart to not get tired out or impatient with my somewhat resistant patient-

I hope to hear more good reports from Haithabu.

Haha- he just now said to me he's worried about me!

God bless,

Any questions? I learned a lot.

Valerie (and Neil)
Thanks be to Our Lord Jesus Christ. We are continuing prayers for improvement.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Thank you!!
1 x