Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Re: Today ...

Post by Hats Off »

lesterb wrote:
gcdonner wrote:
lesterb wrote:Family farms still exist. Meet my granddaughters...

I can't see your picture. All my view sees is "image".
Does this work?

not your family farm though?
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Hats Off wrote: not your family farm though?
No, it's my son-in-law's. He's a cattleman so it's all in hay / grass. If you'd come west and visit us, I'd take you around to see them and some other places.

BTW, if you zoom in on this picture and look just above the little calf standing with its mother towards the right of the picture, you can see the mountains in Montana peeking over the horizon.
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

We woke up Sunday morning having only partial power in our home, including no heat... After doing some initial testing I discovered that only one side of our circuit breaker panel was powered. I piggy backed a couple of breakers to get power for heat and lights in the main house. I still made it to church but without a shower or proper clothes. I was in jeans and a hooded sweatshirt...
Monday I called an electrician and he came out this morning to check the situation. After about 4-5 hours of testing, digging, more testing and more digging they finally found the problem buried 40" down. One of the legs had been compromised and the resulting infiltration of moisture corroded the wire to the point that it wouldn't pass current anymore. We are finally back up and running. It always gives me a new appreciation for the blessing of electricity when we are without it for any amount of time.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

gcdonner wrote:We woke up Sunday morning having only partial power in our home, including no heat... After doing some initial testing I discovered that only one side of our circuit breaker panel was powered. I piggy backed a couple of breakers to get power for heat and lights in the main house. I still made it to church but without a shower or proper clothes. I was in jeans and a hooded sweatshirt...

Monday I called an electrician and he came out this morning to check the situation. After about 4-5 hours of testing, digging, more testing and more digging they finally found the problem buried 40" down.

One of the legs had been compromised and the resulting infiltration of moisture corroded the wire to the point that it wouldn't pass current anymore. We are finally back up and running. It always gives me a new appreciation for the blessing of electricity when we are without it for any amount of time.
they were able to dig in the frozen tundra! :D
so glad you were able to get your electric back on. i'm fearful of losing my furnace in winter because of power outage. i've thought of getting a back up generator(?) .. but, it sounds like, with your problem, that might not have worked, anyway?

years ago, there was a widespread electrical outage that lasted a week or more, in February.
we had no lights, but with gas furnace, water heater, range, we were ok throughout.
the children were young, but old enough to deal with it ok.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
horsegal
Affiliation: BMA

Post by horsegal »

Today I decided to visit y'all on here and see what is happening here as I haven't visited in awhile. Life got crazy with our baby Verlin's birth and death 4 weeks ago and then a week and a half later I was back in the hospital for postpartum blood pressure issues. We are settling into a new "normal", with many ups and downs.
0 x
Too blessed to be depressed!
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

:hug: :pray
horsegal wrote:Today I decided to visit y'all on here and see what is happening here as I haven't visited in awhile. Life got crazy with our baby Verlin's birth and death 4 weeks ago and then a week and a half later I was back in the hospital for postpartum blood pressure issues. We are settling into a new "normal", with many ups and downs.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

horsegal wrote:Today I decided to visit y'all on here and see what is happening here as I haven't visited in awhile. Life got crazy with our baby Verlin's birth and death 4 weeks ago and then a week and a half later I was back in the hospital for postpartum blood pressure issues. We are settling into a new "normal", with many ups and downs.
i hope reading+posting here can be helpful, even therapeutic, for you. sometimes it is.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

Please accept our sincere sympathy!
0 x
Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

We rejoice with them that rejoice and weep with them that weep!! Today Timo Miller goes FREE!!
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

From above, March 21 ..
gcdonner wrote:We woke up Sunday morning ..
george? .. why so quiet? :)
0 x

UNKNOWN