Credible News Sources

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Credible News Sources

Post by Valerie »

Bootstrap wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:15 pm
GaryK wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:54 am
Szdfan wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:37 am I'm asking for consistency to whatever standard is being applied here even though it's not clear what that standard is.
There are two ways I could take this. Are you asking for Fox to be banned or for CNN and MSNBC to be allowed on the forum?
All three are terribly worldly. All three are sensationalistic. Fox has been caught red-handed saying they intentionally lie to their users in order to tell them what they want to hear and boost ratings.
I'm interested in reading Fox's exact words regarding what you claimed here. Many Fox journalists claim Christian faith so if it was an intentional "practice" for them to lie In surprised so many of faith would work for Fox.
1 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Valerie wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:34 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:15 pm
GaryK wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:54 am
There are two ways I could take this. Are you asking for Fox to be banned or for CNN and MSNBC to be allowed on the forum?
All three are terribly worldly. All three are sensationalistic. Fox has been caught red-handed saying they intentionally lie to their users in order to tell them what they want to hear and boost ratings.
I'm interested in reading Fox's exact words regarding what you claimed here. Many Fox journalists claim Christian faith so if it was an intentional "practice" for them to lie In surprised so many of faith would work for Fox.
I was wondering where the sources are for this claim. I am assuming it is pertaining to the 2020 election and the misinformation purported at the time. If it is, I see no difference between that and the election interference by the mainstream media and Biden's water carriers, when they lied about the Hunter laptop story.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Grace wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:03 pm I was wondering where the sources are for this claim. I am assuming it is pertaining to the 2020 election and the misinformation purported at the time. If it is, I see no difference between that and the election interference by the mainstream media and Biden's water carriers, when they lied about the Hunter laptop story.
I will post exact words later, my break is over.

But even if there were "no difference", that would imply that they should be treated exactly the same way. I think there are differences, let's look at that when I post the exact words.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

I decided to block CNN and MSNBC because of the false reporting on the Covington Kids and Nick Sandmann. They knew the truth and intentionally lied and distorted the facts. They did the same for Rittenhouse.

I do not like restricting anything, but since conservative sites were and are blocked on a lot of other social media sources, I see no need to block anything else. I made a decision for the board considering all the users, not just a few.

CNN has been a little better of late. If they keep going towards truth and not distortions that they never make corrections on, then I may reconsider, but not any time soon.

Please read the guidelines for the forum and let this go. I do not plan to discuss it further.
2 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Is NYTimes considered blocked? They are in my opinion a mixed bag - sometimes reliable, sometimes not.
1 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Josh wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:45 am Is NYTimes considered blocked? They are in my opinion a mixed bag - sometimes reliable, sometimes not.
Nope. Again, we want to restrict less, not more. They are quite unreliable, but will do corrections.
1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:15 am
Josh wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:45 am Is NYTimes considered blocked?
They are in my opinion a mixed bag - sometimes reliable, sometimes not.
Nope. Again, we want to restrict less, not more. They are quite unreliable, but will do corrections.
They have been a leader in foisting the word “insurrection,” immediately, repeatedly, unendingly, with impunity and without “correction.”

They, and others, do this routinely in their reporting language, to their fawning audience.
(i believe) this (writing with deep bias) is taught in gov education, which prepares graduates to secure employment in the “news” and “entertanment” industries, in addition to preparing future teachers and all willing to comply, no matter what path the graduates seek.

It’s largely required for most employment: Comply!

Literally, with all that is done, including with the exploited public treasury, i’m astonished elections are not “clean sweeps” for libs!
The only conclusion possible is, the propaganda must be sufficiently flawed, half+more must be able to resist it.
It’s really a sort of miracle. (In my opinion.)

i don’t expect these abuses to end or be ended in my lifetime. (i believe in miracles, it could happen.)

(i’m convinced) most people would LOVE to be able to just trust the NYT, and their comrades. 100%
It’s just not possible as things are. Responsible journalism is a beautiful thing. And, rare.

In time, God has all of it in His hands. He sees clearly.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

temporal1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:58 am They have been a leader in foisting the word “insurrection,” immediately, repeatedly, unendingly, with impunity and without “correction.”
Courts has examined the evidence, with testimony from both sides, and ruled there was insurrection. I don't think this needs any “correction.” It has been proven in court.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

“News” and “Entertainment” industries have been over-employed ..

MATT WALSH / “This Is The Best Thing That Could've Happened To The Media Industry” / -12min
✏️ Description:
Major media companies are experiencing mass layoffs and shutting down left and right.
This Washington Post journalist is upset, but here's why this is actually wonderful news.
^^The near-monopoly of leftist education directly supplies graduates for the workforce, definitely, for msm.
Balance is needed. In education and hiring.

Found in Comments:
✏️ @mtmnynj8071 WROTE:
Journalism died after 2001 when instead of trying to answer the 6 main, important questions (Who, What, Where, When, How and Why), news mixed facts, opinion, and truth to report garbage. The lamestream media lied to use for over a decade now.
We've had enough of it.

Taylor Lorenz / WaPo / Vocal fry
viewtopic.php?t=6286
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
barnhart

Post by barnhart »

Journalism is fickle to be sure, but fake news is far from new. Ancient Egyptian pharaohs cared stone panels dipicting fabulous victories in battles that all other sources say they lost. Newspapers knowingly published forged letters reporting to be from George Washington regretting the revolution in the middle of the war (he did not respond but after the war went out of his way to encourage the publisher not to flee). Political enemies of Jefferson published newspaper editorials claiming if he won people would have to bury their Bibles. Antagonists of Andrew Jackson published claims his wife had been a prostitute, which caused her a lot of stress and when she died early Jackson blamed the press. The Yellow journalism of Hearst and others lied the US into war with Spain.

There is nothing new under the sun. In Mark Twain's Huck Finn, the outlaw group float down the river city to city experiencing different venues of the dark side of American culture. In one town they get hold of the local press and print their own broadside ads to fool the locals into their schemes. Wise people have always consumed news critically.
1 x