Credible News Sources

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Credible News Sources

Post by Robert »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:42 pm
barnhart wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:02 pmWise people have always consumed news critically.
And therefore, wise people use news sources that are clear about their claims, evidence for those claims, and sources. Without that, it's not possible to consume news critically.

And wise people watch stories as they develop over time, changing their understanding accordingly.

Wise people are also aware of their emotions and how clickbait journalism caters to fear and hate and disgust, manipulating us to believe wild claims that simply are not true. That's what propaganda is all about.
And wise people do not trust a source that has continually shown to be incorrect.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

BRAND LOYALTY
https://advertising.amazon.com/library/ ... nd-loyalty
What is brand loyalty?
Brand loyalty is when customers continue to purchase from the same brand over and over again, despite competitors offering similar products or services.

Not only do customers continue engaging and purchasing from the same brand, but they also associate positive feelings toward that brand. Brand loyalty has a lot to do with how customers perceive your brand, its actions, and its values. And it’s an important way to help retain customer loyalty and increase repurchase rates.
This doesn’t go far enough.
Today, BRANDS frequently change in substance, yet BRAND LOYALTY keeps cusumers loyal to their PERCEPTION, not current reality.

It’s so common.
Brands are built on quality+service, yet, as they deteriorate, offer less for more, etc., consumers, probably in denial, hang on to established habits.

BRANDS are valuable!
‘Cause people “want” something that may no longer exist. Quite emotional.

Last edited by temporal1 on Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Robert wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:31 am
Bootstrap wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:42 pm
barnhart wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:02 pmWise people have always consumed news critically.
And therefore, wise people use news sources that are clear about their claims, evidence for those claims, and sources. Without that, it's not possible to consume news critically.

And wise people watch stories as they develop over time, changing their understanding accordingly.

Wise people are also aware of their emotions and how clickbait journalism caters to fear and hate and disgust, manipulating us to believe wild claims that simply are not true. That's what propaganda is all about.
And wise people do not trust a source that has continually shown to be incorrect.
I agree completely.

But to assess that, you have to follow the same process:

1. What is the claim
2. What is the evidence for the claim
3. Can I trust the sources
4. If facts come out over time, how do they respond to new facts?

If you subtract all the emotion and polarization, is there still a set of facts that hold up on their own?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?