Is Biden Fit to be President?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Is Biden Fit to be President?

Post by Grace »

JimFoxvog wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:48 pm I would love to see a test of these sorts of being fit impartially and publicly administered to both major party candidates. I suspect Biden would do better than his opponent, but I don't know.
In the past Trump has taken the Montreal Cognitive Assessment, or MoCA, test. There is no record that Biden ever did and he refuses to do so.

That fact is very telling about Biden. There is no need for Biden to take a cognitive test as anyone who compares his speeches and actions from the past can see he is declining rapidly.

0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

I typically don't weigh in on this stuff, but I view this along the same line as the Fetterman fiasco: the democrats are proving to the world they can put anyone anywhere they want and get away with it.
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:15 am I typically don't weigh in on this stuff, but I view this along the same line as the Fetterman fiasco: the democrats are proving to the world they can put anyone anywhere they want and get away with it.
It sounds like Fetterman has mostly recovered.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

If Biden wins again, the Cabinet and Vice President might need to invoke the 25th Amendment and declare him disabled and replace him with Kamala.
0 x
barnhart

Post by barnhart »

President Biden might be worse off than I think or not, it's hard to know which news feed to believe. I do recall most of the people who are convinced he is basically an invalid also thought the same of Senator Fetterman and many of them said with certainty Senator Clinton was at death's door while she was campaigning for the presidency. So we shall see.

It's also possible the negative stories from the trials of president Trump are driving the quest to produce negative news of his rival. We shall see.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

barnhart wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:43 amPresident Biden might be worse off than I think or not, it's hard to know which news feed to believe. I do recall most of the people who are convinced he is basically an invalid also thought the same of Senator Fetterman and many of them said with certainty Senator Clinton was at death's door while she was campaigning for the presidency. So we shall see.

It's also possible the negative stories from the trials of president Trump are driving the quest to produce negative news of his rival. We shall see.
Sure would be nice to have some debates so we can see how both men operate in that setting.

I like a setting where people are forced to talk about some topic and actually think about it and respond to things. People have expressed doubts about the ability of both candidates to do that. Debates and the testimony of aids and simply taking what they say seriously about various topics are all helpful for discerning these things.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

It would be amazing to see real debates and real press conferences.
2 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Josh wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:22 pm It would be amazing to see real debates and real press conferences.
Agreed, but don't count on it. His campaign announced that Biden's speeches will now be shorter moving forward. It seems like they want Americans to see as little of Joe Biden as possible. They seem to know that putting him out there exemplifies his weakness, his frailty, his propensity towards gaffs and lies.

Add to that no one takes him seriously.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -neil.html
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:22 pm It would be amazing to see real debates and real press conferences.
Exactly. For both of them.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Szdfan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:31 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:15 am I typically don't weigh in on this stuff, but I view this along the same line as the Fetterman fiasco: the democrats are proving to the world they can put anyone anywhere they want and get away with it.
It sounds like Fetterman has mostly recovered.
On the issue of supporting Israel, Ben Shapiro has said that Fetterman is one of the biggest surprises in politics recently. Speaking purely politically, I think that one of the best things Biden could do for himself is embrace a few causes such as support for Israel and maybe a few other things to draw away some of the moderates and even conservatives who basically plan to vote for Trump while holding their noses shut. It's likely Biden can't really do that due to the influence of the part of his base that is pro-Palestinian/pro-Hamas.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3