Is Biden Fit to be President?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Is Biden Fit to be President?

Post by Grace »

Aside from having a recorded 50 year history of lying, plagiarizing, being a warmonger and a racist, is Joe Biden physically and mentally fit for four more years of being president? Will the Democrats ditch Biden at the last minute and replace him with someone younger?

The Biden Campaign has now announced that Biden’s speeches will be shorter moving forward. It seems like they realize that it is better for Americans to see and hear less of him. Something that is very uncommon in a person running for public office. Usually, pollical candidates are out campaigning, and allowing the people to see and hear what they stand for. Biden’s handlers don’t have an excuse to keep him in the literal basement, but are they keeping him in a figurative basement?

Not to denigrate the elderly, but probably the reason is because Biden is weak, frail and not cognitively strong enough to handle the rigors of a campaign trail. In the past Presidents most always walked to Marine One alone or with a wife, family, and maybe one other person. With Biden that has changed and he now walks to Marine One accompanied with a slew of staff surrounding him. One has to wonder why that is. Some say it is to divert the attention from his shuffling gait. Typically, President’s take the long stairs to board Air Force One. Biden no longer does that, but now takes the short stairs after a series of embarrassing falls. Also, Biden has taken to wear maximum stability sneakers to prevent falls. There have been many times Biden wonders around on a stage and has to be led. He even had to be led by an Easter Bunny at a White House event.

Add to that he struggles at times to read his teleprompter that is in a huge font. When the teleprompter instructs him to take a “pause”, he will actually say the word. Many times, he muddles his words.

It is obvious Biden is physically and mentally declining at a rapid pace. It is a commonly known fact that being president ages someone faster than normal. And with Biden, he already is an aged person.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Is Biden Fit to be President?

Post by temporal1 »

In my view, biden reflects the notion that the DNC (more correctly, career politicians) is a cabal that does not require a traditional leader, anyone will do, standing merely as a figurehead for photo-ops.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Grace

Post by Grace »

temporal1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:31 am In my view, biden reflects the notion that the DNC (more correctly, career politicians) is a cabal that does not require a traditional leader, anyone will do, standing merely as a figurehead for photo-ops.
I agree. However Biden is a poor subject for a photo-op.
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

temporal1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:31 am In my view, biden reflects the notion that the DNC (more correctly, career politicians) is a cabal that does not require a traditional leader, anyone will do, standing merely as a figurehead for photo-ops.
It would appear the RNC has also adopted this notion.
0 x
danfreed
Affiliation: MtValleyMenno/Faith

Post by danfreed »

Grace,

These are troubled times, in America and around the world.

Your thread reminded me of New Testament teaching from Apostle Paul in 1 Timothy 2:1-6.
Great instruction, for what we as Christians can do to help our government leaders...

"I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.
Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.
This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.

For, There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus.
He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone.

This is the message God gave to the world at just the right time."

Bottom line
1. Pray for our president with thanksgiving, and
2. Proclaim the message of salvation through King Christ Jesus
2 x
My spiritual perspectives are Jesus-centered, evangelical anabaptist, New Testament Bible based...
Grace

Post by Grace »

danfreed wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:16 am Grace,

These are troubled times, in America and around the world.

Your thread reminded me of New Testament teaching from Apostle Paul in 1 Timothy 2:1-6.
Great instruction, for what we as Christians can do to help our government leaders...

"I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.
Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.
This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.

For, There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus.
He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone.

This is the message God gave to the world at just the right time."

Bottom line
1. Pray for our president with thanksgiving, and
2. Proclaim the message of salvation through King Christ Jesus
Dan Freed,

I agree with you 100%. And I do pray for our nation's leaders, and for our nation and the nations around the world.

I am confused though. Even though I agree with you, why did you bring this up in this thread alone, and not in the numerous other threads about the other presidential candidate? I sincerely would like to know.

Aside from that, what do you think about having an declining elderly person in control of the most powerful nation in the free world?
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Grace wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:25 am I am confused though. Even though I agree with you, why did you bring this up in this thread alone, and not in the numerous other threads about the other presidential candidate? I sincerely would like to know.
Perhaps it's worth noting that the scripture instructs us to pray for those who are in authority, but says nothing about those who are campaigning to be in authority. It's a good idea to pray for them as well, but not a specific command.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
danfreed
Affiliation: MtValleyMenno/Faith

Post by danfreed »

Grace wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:25 am
danfreed wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:16 am
Dan Freed,

I agree with you 100%. And I do pray for our nation's leaders, and for our nation and the nations around the world.

I am confused though. Even though I agree with you, why did you bring this up in this thread alone, and not in the numerous other threads about the other presidential candidate? I sincerely would like to know.

Aside from that, what do you think about having an declining elderly person in control of the most powerful nation in the free world?

Hi Grace,

Thank you for your comments and questions.
Prayer is so critical - I'm encouraged by your prayer work for the nations.
Prayer allows us to focus our attention (and our dependence) on God who is all powerful, and fully aware of every situation.

Regarding your questions:

!. "...why did you bring this up in this thread alone, and not in the numerous other threads about the other presidential candidate?"

Because I have not been reading the other threads.
I generally find political threads negative in tone, and distracting from the mission that God has for me.
I did happen to see this thread, and found comfort and instruction in Timothy 2, as relates to my relationship with President Biden.

2. "Aside from that, what do you think about having an declining elderly person in control of the most powerful nation in the free world?"

Here are my thoughts....
All of us are declining.
Elderly people often have experience that younger people lack.
Younger people often have energy and mental speed that elderly lack.
We all are lacking, and need God and each other.

Personally, I would prefer a younger person for the next president, but age is not my biggest interest.
My interest is how to promote the Kingdom and Message of Jesus - His offer of forgiveness and new life for everyone.

Character, honesty, respect toward God, justice, mercy and kindness toward people, are better presidential "fitness measures" than age or mobility. In my opinion.

0 x
My spiritual perspectives are Jesus-centered, evangelical anabaptist, New Testament Bible based...
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

In my opinion, no. I suspect my vote will reflect that. Not sure I will vote Republican either.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

I would love to see a test of these sorts of being fit impartially and publicly administered to both major party candidates. I suspect Biden would do better than his opponent, but I don't know.
0 x