Is Biden Fit to be President?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Is Biden Fit to be President?

Post by steve-in-kville »

Biden makes Clinton look like a rock star.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:19 am Nice whataboutism there.
Either lying is a measure of fitness for president or it isn't. Which is it?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:37 am
In the scope of things his lying is only one aspect of his fitness to be president. There are many other factors, such as Biden’s clear cognitive decline, his policies that have created hardship for millions of people, his enabling brutal dictators and empowering the funding of terrorists. All the while allowing an invasion at our borders.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

This thread isn’t “Is Trump fit to be President?”, although I think it would be fine if you started such a thread.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:53 pm
This thread isn’t “Is Trump fit to be President?”, although I think it would be fine if you started such a thread.
Everything is relative. If we are going to propose some measure of "fitness" for a particular candidate it is appropriate to gauge how that person measures up relative to everyone else, or relative to the alternatives. Since elections are a zero sum game. Someone is going to win and someone is going to lose. We are picking between existing candidates, not designing some ideal candidate in a lab.

That applies to whatever your measures are: lying, corruption, economic policy, environmental policy, foreign policy, criminality, etc. For example. Is Biden corrupt? I dunno. You can't answer that in a vacuum. You have to answer it in comparison to the norms we have for corruption and how he compares to other candidates and politicians on some sort of corruption scale.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:01 pm

Everything is relative. If we are going to propose some measure of "fitness" for a particular candidate it is appropriate to gauge how that person measures up relative to everyone else, or relative to the alternatives. Since elections are a zero sum game. Someone is going to win and someone is going to lose. We are picking between existing candidates, not designing some ideal candidate in a lab.

That applies to whatever your measures are: lying, corruption, economic policy, environmental policy, foreign policy, criminality, etc. For example. Is Biden corrupt? I dunno. You can't answer that in a vacuum. You have to answer it in comparison to the norms we have for corruption and how he compares to other candidates and politicians on some sort of corruption scale.
I can’t think of any universe where Trump is the scale by which an acceptable amount of lying is judged.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:03 pm
Ken wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:01 pm

I can’t think of any universe where Trump is the scale by which an acceptable amount of lying is judged.
Well, there is:

Clinton? (Lewinski)
Bush (WMD)
Obama (??)
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Maybe neither is fit to be president, but we really don't seem to have another choice. I really liked Shane Claiborne's book, Jesus for President.
https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDe ... 1044809588
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Hunter’s laptop and now Ashley Biden’s diary. Both were denied as being authentic, but turned out to be true. There are many people who have observed Joe Biden’s Pedophile type behaviors over the years. He seems to have a penchant for being real handsy and sniffing underage girls. Now it appears he showered with his young daughter. What a creep.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ashle ... ry-claims/
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Grace wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:22 am Hunter’s laptop and now Ashley Biden’s diary. Both were denied as being authentic, but turned out to be true. There are many people who have observed Joe Biden’s Pedophile type behaviors over the years. He seems to have a penchant for being real handsy and sniffing underage girls. Now it appears he showered with his young daughter. What a creep.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ashle ... ry-claims/
Yes, disgusting.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3