Antifa ties to MSM and "progressive" political parties.

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Outsider
Affiliation: Church of Christ

Antifa ties to MSM and "progressive" political parties.

Post by Outsider »

Turns out, "Antifa" is the red guard for modern "progressive" politicians...

https://www.theburkean.ie/uncategorized ... d-far-left
0 x
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Antifa ties to MSM and "progressive" political parties.

Post by Bootstrap »

Outsider wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:35 am Turns out, "Antifa" is the red guard for modern "progressive" politicians...

The story claims to be based on unconfirmed rumor:
The Burkean is relying on local sources in Coolock for this piece. Since it is a breaking story, this article merely relays what is being discussed at street-level and on social media. As such this information should be considered unconfirmed, and therefore we refrain from identifying any of the persons involved for legal reasons.
It also claims that protestors just happened to drop mobile phones and driver's licenses and ID cards - um, really? Protestors come, drop cell phones and ID cards, no passwords on their phones? Can you think of a few instances of that in other settings?
  • Some of the protestors dropped their mobile phones, unlocked, at the scene, along with other belongings such as driver’s licenses and UK identification
  • The protestors reviewed the content of the phones to delete any invasive content that had been recorded
If there's real evidence that this happened, I hope we will see this in some venue where it can be confirmed.

Until then, there really is something called disinformation. Let's not be naive.
4 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I wonder if there are rabble rousers who sneakily “support” and go to both MAGA or Proud Boy rallies and Antifa festivals. People who just get a thrill out of raising cane and seeing if they can keep it all hidden. Who aren’t at all ideologically loyal.
0 x
Outsider

Post by Outsider »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:02 pm Until then, there really is something called disinformation. Let's not be naive.
I'd rather say "unconfirmed" at this point. But the very fact that the media gives them a pass for nearly all their "mostly peaceful" violence, and the fact that they've been able to occupy the center of Portland for years now, and parts of Seattle (I don't know whether they're still there), speaks volumes about their relationship with the powers-that-be (at least in those states and cities).

I will not be surprised when and if everything in this story happens to be true.

The most incredible, to me, bit is the "dropping" of various personal items (not so surprised a "burner" phone might not have a lock on it)- and since they had their rear-ends handed to them physically, I think those might have been acquired by less-than-legal methods.

This would mean, in the USA, no prosecution- but in no way would impeach the truth of the information.
1 x

Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Outsider

Post by Outsider »

RZehr wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:06 pm I wonder if there are rabble rousers who sneakily “support” and go to both MAGA or Proud Boy rallies and Antifa festivals. People who just get a thrill out of raising cane and seeing if they can keep it all hidden. Who aren’t at all ideologically loyal.
That's what I think about most online trolls. They just think it's funny to see the conflict they can create (remember alt.tactical.syntax). It's quite possible that some people enjoy the same thrill from causing chaos in the real world- undeniable, really. But I think the factors that embolden the a.t.s trolls and such online aren't there in the fleshly world- so I believe there are a lot fewer of them in the flesh than hidden away on the other side of the world.
0 x

Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Outsider wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:49 pmI will not be surprised when and if everything in this story happens to be true.
Well, what exactly? There are no specific allegations of anything at all. Very general claims, with disclaimers that nothing has been verified, and a lot of loud shouting.

If and when someone makes some specific allegations against specific people, we will see what evidence is given for those claims. Until then, I think the real question is this: how easily do we want to be manipulated?
1 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Outsider wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:53 pm
RZehr wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:06 pm I wonder if there are rabble rousers who sneakily “support” and go to both MAGA or Proud Boy rallies and Antifa festivals. People who just get a thrill out of raising cane and seeing if they can keep it all hidden. Who aren’t at all ideologically loyal.
That's what I think about most online trolls. They just think it's funny to see the conflict they can create (remember alt.tactical.syntax). It's quite possible that some people enjoy the same thrill from causing chaos in the real world- undeniable, really. But I think the factors that embolden the a.t.s trolls and such online aren't there in the fleshly world- so I believe there are a lot fewer of them in the flesh than hidden away on the other side of the world.
We know this much: Russian trolls actually do actively support both sides, making wild and unverified claims against each. Their goal is to undermine confidence, increase polarization, and get people so worked up and scared that they can't think straight. They want to undermine our society, and they know that's how to do it.

I don't think they are the only trolls doing this kind of thing. Some do it on only one side of the fence. Some do it on both.

We have to decide how much we want to help traffic wild and unverified claims. I think there are good reasons not to.
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:16 pm
Outsider wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:49 pmI will not be surprised when and if everything in this story happens to be true.
Well, what exactly? There are no specific allegations of anything at all. Very general claims, with disclaimers that nothing has been verified, and a lot of loud shouting.

If and when someone makes some specific allegations against specific people, we will see what evidence is given for those claims. Until then, I think the real question is this: how easily do we want to be manipulated?
There isn't even any allegations about ANTIFA. If you read the article thy just say that there were leftist journalists and "antifa types" at some protest in suburban Dublin. What does that even mean? "antifa types"? It could mean anything or nothing at all.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

FWIW, this seems to be a student newspaper:

https://www.theburkean.ie/about
The Burkean is an online publication founded and run by university students in Ireland that seeks to promote free speech and fresh ideas. The Burkean aims to be a nationwide platform for all Irish universities and Irish society at large. Our purpose is to provide intellectual content through acting as a publishing service for students to contribute their own views on local and general issues, especially those which are not otherwise represented by mainstream publications on a national or campus level. We also publish articles from non-student writers and experts in their respective fields, so as to provide our readers with the widest range of quality material.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Outsider wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:35 am Turns out, "Antifa" is the red guard for modern "progressive" politicians...
i hope you’ve noticed this thread: now at 69 pages

Credible News Sources
viewtopic.php?t=95

It becomes clear, for some, if it’s not via NYT, FBI, CIA, it’s nothing, it’s Russia, etc.
Those who dare stray will be chastised, if not impuned.

It’s also clear that alternative sources are often found worthwhile, sometimes within days, weeks, sometimes a year or more.
Sometimes, msm is caught and sued for big money. It doesn’t stop them.

Personally, i read everything with caution, esp msm, which has proven biased over+over.
All have bias. Msm promotes itself as “greater-than,” thus SHOULD carry a heavier burden of proof.

A personal fav: MATT TAIBBI
viewtopic.php?t=6227
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN