Antifa ties to MSM and "progressive" political parties.

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Antifa ties to MSM and "progressive" political parties.

Post by Bootstrap »

temporal1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:23 pmi hope you’ve noticed this thread: now at 69 pages

Credible News Sources
viewtopic.php?t=95

It becomes clear, for some, if it’s not via NYT, FBI, CIA, it’s nothing, it’s Russia, etc.
Those who dare stray will be chastised, if not impuned.
It becomes clear for me that this is rarely really a question about:

1. What specific claims are being made, and
2. What is the evidence for those claims.

Oh, no, if someone points out that there is no specific claim and no evidence, well, that's some kind of scary persecution. It's mostly a strong and vague anxiety with a bunch of words that people are forming emotion around.

It's helpful to drop general labels. If some media source is involved in some scandal, which one, and what happened, with what evidence? Shouting "MSM" is meaningless. If some politician did something, who, and with what evidence? Shouting "The Left" is meaningless. Was Antifa actually involved in something specific that happened here? If so, who, what happened, and what is the evidence?

After all, vague and scary claims about Russia and Trump require evidence, don't they? And claims about Trump and election interference? And claims about Trump and fraud?

Specific claims and evidence are really, really important. Without that, we just have political sides and fear and shouting. I don't think that is what Jesus is calling Christians to do.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i left out the part: some bring Trump to every topic.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

temporal1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:08 pm i left out the part: some bring Trump to every topic.
And Russia. I’m still trying to figure out what on earth Russia had to do with anything.
2 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

P.6 / Ireland ..
viewtopic.php?t=1304&start=50

i wonder if this report is related to Ireland’s recent March 2024 election, noted above on P.6?
1 x

UNKNOWN
Outsider
Affiliation: Church of Christ

Post by Outsider »

temporal1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:23 pm
Outsider wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:35 am Turns out, "Antifa" is the red guard for modern "progressive" politicians...
https://www.theburkean.ie/uncategorized ... d-far-left
i hope you’ve noticed this thread: now at 69 pages

Credible News Sources
viewtopic.php?t=95

It becomes clear, for some, if it’s not via NYT, FBI, CIA, it’s nothing, it’s Russia, etc.
Those who dare stray will be chastised, if not impuned.

It’s also clear that alternative sources are often found worthwhile, sometimes within days, weeks, sometimes a year or more.
Sometimes, msm is caught and sued for big money. It doesn’t stop them.

Personally, i read everything with caution, esp msm, which has proven biased over+over.
All have bias. Msm promotes itself as “greater-than,” thus SHOULD carry a heavier burden of proof.

A personal fav: MATT TAIBBI
viewtopic.php?t=6227
The journalists who respect seeking the truth, and covering all sides of the story are still around.

NPR Journalist Exposes Network’s DEI Obsession, Hunter Biden Laptop Censorship

https://www.cf.org/news/npr-journalist- ... ensorship/
1 x
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Outsider
Affiliation: Church of Christ

Post by Outsider »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:16 pm
Outsider wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:49 pmI will not be surprised when and if everything in this story happens to be true.
Well, what exactly? There are no specific allegations of anything at all. Very general claims, with disclaimers that nothing has been verified, and a lot of loud shouting.

The claims, as I understand them, seem to be a collaboration at some level between some leftist journalists and perhaps some politicians with the street level Red Guard, which I'm sure we can all agree is exactly the definition of the identity of "Antifa". Overtly Maoist, and violent.
If and when someone makes some specific allegations against specific people, we will see what evidence is given for those claims. Until then, I think the real question is this: how easily do we want to be manipulated?
Fair enough, as to the specific allegations- but why should you think you're being manipulated any more than if someone reported any story about unidentified subjects? Plus, in the UK it's illegal to print the names of people accused of crimes before they've been arraigned for trial- there might be a similar law in Ireland, I don't know. There are many possible reasons to hold back specific identities in a foreign venue.

As to the source itself- unless you have evidence that it is a proven propaganda outlet for some political party or group- I see no reason to dismiss its bonafides simply because it's a student newspaper. I see much more reason to distrust the mega-media owned by the 6 oligarchical corporations that cooperate with the "deep state" via such initiatives as operation Mockingbird (a real thing, not a fantasy anybody dreamed up for the Alex Jones show).

Now if the story HAD been broken by Alex Jones, I would be highly skeptical. I've been skeptical of Jones ever since I saw him kidney-punch a cop off-camera (HIS camera) in order to get a reaction to make himself into a martyr. So yes, the self-aggrandizing opportunism isn't just in the mega-media. But not every independent journalist is as crooked as Alex Jones.
A meme I made in response to twitter's "total commie" CEO before the Musk acquisition.
A meme I made in response to twitter's "total commie" CEO before the Musk acquisition.
0 x
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Outsider wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:54 pm .. journalists who respect seeking the truth, and covering all sides of the story are still around.

NPR Journalist Exposes Network’s DEI Obsession, Hunter Biden Laptop Censorship

https://www.cf.org/news/npr-journalist- ... ensorship/
.. i strongly agree with you, thanks for spelling it out in your own words.

i intend to say ..
i read EVERYTHING with questions, i expect time to be required to reveal accuracy, no matter source.
as opposed to some who readily dismiss all sources other than ones they deem trustworthy, no matter obvious bias in every headline, every paragraph published.

for some, when the AP-NYT reports “anything,” it’s taken as the gospel truth, then it runs like wildfire throughout the country.
including on this forum. i believe THAT’S WRONG. A BIG MISTAKE.

further, I WISH there were go-to sources that could just be trusted according to “brand.”
i suppose the vast majority is in this camp - WISHING it were true.

most of my life was listening to PBS, CBS, NBC, ABC, probably in that order, also, the NYT, WSJ ..
no Fox, or rarely so. i barely recognize various talking heads associated with Fox, it’s puzzling how presumptions are regularly made.
puzzling, and bizarre.

^^no longer.
i unplugged satellite TV in 2016, both “news” and “entertainment” became so political, so lib biased, they were no longer news or entertainment. just propaganda claiming to be news/entertainment.

i enjoy reading Honduras Keiser’s posts. he often shares sources new or little known to me.

Matt Taibbi describes “what happened” to msm over time.
he grew up in a news-centered family, he has first person experience AND retains his dignity and morality.
thus, he has credibility.

i appreciate your words and agree with you. READ. READ WITH CAUTION.
0 x

UNKNOWN