Poll: Who will win 2024 Presidency?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.

Who do you think is going to win?

1. Trump
52%
2. Biden
48%

Total votes: 25

temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Poll: Who will win 2024 Presidency?

Post by temporal1 »

Grace wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 pm
Robert wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 am
Grace wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 am With Biden policies, we can predict higher prices from inflation.
Yes, I am really feeling that. I am drawing Social Security and working full time. My income is capped until I reach 66. This means I can not make more and inflation is really cutting deep into our income. In two months, I will be forced to pay for Medicare, which will take another $170 a month, after paying for Medicare for over 40 years in my pay deductions.

Yes, we are better off than most the world, but some of the world is catching up and passing me. It greatly limits how much I can help others since it is taking more than 100% to maintain right now. Summer is coming with massive electric bills too.

Most the US, 70% say it is on the wrong track, is feeling the Bidenomics also. Then they pass $100 billion more for wars and just print the money to cover it which is drive even more inflation.

It is easy to be at peace when you are not struggling to pay bills and taxes.
I am sorry you are struggling, Robert. Not only are they passing bills to fund wars, don’t forget the money taken from you and every other taxpayer by Biden, to pay off 1.2 billion in student loan debt.
i appreciate what Robert wrote, it represents what is happening all over this country, and much worse.
Somewhere, RZehr noted how much his family grocery bills are, possibly more than i’ve ever earned.

i’ve survived lots of economic downturns over decades. i don’t recall any of them hurting young people’s spirits as much as the present. the value of money has lost its meaning. the idea of having “enough” is fading. the current message is: no matter what you have or achieve, it’s not enough. that is seriously demoralizing to young people. every gov handout just makes everything worse.

suicide rates remain high. another indicator of unhealthy policies.

Jesus knows the life-death importance of Hope for human souls.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I’m blown away with how much my grocery bill is too. It is nuts how much it has increased. A growing family of 9, coupled with steep inflation, adds up to astounding increases each year.
1 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

RZehr wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 pm I’m blown away with how much my grocery bill is too. It is nuts how much it has increased. A growing family of 9, coupled with steep inflation, adds up to astounding increases each year.
The majority of items for sale in my own grocery store are things we never buy, or only buy very rarely. It has always been that way, but inflation has made it much worse. We buy plenty of staples from our own store, but buying in bulk and shopping at the bent-and-dent grocery stores is how we've saved money while raising 12 children. Gardening and canning saves a bit as well.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3