Poll: Who will win 2024 Presidency?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.

Who do you think is going to win?

1. Trump
52%
2. Biden
48%

Total votes: 25

Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Poll: Who will win 2024 Presidency?

Post by Ernie »

barnhart wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 amThe poll is asking who do THINK will win, not who do you HOPE for or who SHOULD win.
I understand.
But I'm still curious whether the poll reflects people's feelings about their choice of President, or whether some people voted for who they think will win, even if that is their least favorite candidate.

When I read the comments after news articles online, it seems that most people think their preferred candidate is going to win in November.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Ernie wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:08 am
barnhart wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 amThe poll is asking who do THINK will win, not who do you HOPE for or who SHOULD win.
I understand.
But I'm still curious whether the poll reflects people's feelings about their choice of President, or whether some people voted for who they think will win, even if that is their least favorite candidate.

When I read the comments after news articles online, it seems that most people think their preferred candidate is going to win in November.
Ahh.. human nature, everyone thinks they are on the side of the angels.

If there had been a 50/50 option, I would have chosen that but I have a tiny little conviction the future might break for Biden. That suspicion does not fill me hope and comfort, but neither with anger nor despair.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

barnhart wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am
Ernie wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:08 am
I understand.

Ahh.. human nature, everyone thinks they are on the side of the angels.

If there had been a 50/50 option, I would have chosen that but I have a tiny little conviction the future might break for Biden. That suspicion does not fill me hope and comfort, but neither with anger nor despair.
I would have picked a 50/50 option also because I think it is that close. I voted for Trump in this poll because he was leading in the polls when I voted, but that lead has gone away from what I've seen. Anything can happen but I think Trump still has a decent chance at winning. I can hardly believe I'm saying that. One of the reasons is that I think Democrats will have a hard time repeating their last performance in getting out the vote. But I just don't know.
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I think both will have less enthusiasm and engagement than they did in 2020.
0 x
mike

Post by mike »

RZehr wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:45 am I think both will have less enthusiasm and engagement than they did in 2020.
But not enough less that either of them had much of a challenge in the primaries. And that is another thing I puzzle over.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Grace

Post by Grace »

I wonder if trump will even be on the ballot. There are Biden water carrying Attorney Generals and prosecutors who will go at great lengths to bend the laws to get Trump charged with a felony. All done in the hopes he does prison time. And it seems they are already making plans for his prison stay as a Trump loathing House Democrat introduced a bill aimed at Trump. The bill would strip secret service protection from felons in prison. Why wouldn’t we be surprised if one evening the cameras malfunctioned in front of his cell and the guards were nowhere to be found. And that would be the time he is murdered commits suicide. Just like Jeffrey Epstein.

https://www.newsweek.com/alan-dershowit ... ed-1892612
0 x
barnhart

Post by barnhart »

I don't see that President Trump will spend a single day in prison.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

barnhart wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:51 pm I don't see that President Trump will spend a single day in prison.
And it's hard to imagine Trump not being on the ballot. Even if convicted of a felony.
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
mike

Post by mike »

The Hill: If Trump is Convicted, What Happens Next?

This writer basically says this would normally be a case where you might get probation rather than jail time, but that anything is possible. Trump potentially violating gag orders isn't helping him any.
0 x
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Post by Heirbyadoption »

Ernie wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:08 amI'm still curious whether the poll reflects people's feelings about their choice of President, or whether some people voted for who they think will win, even if that is their least favorite candidate.
B. But as potential leaders, I dislike them equally, just to qualify.
0 x