Biden proclaims this Easter as Trans Day of Visibility

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Biden proclaims this Easter as Trans Day of Visibility

Post by Ken »

Perhaps it is instructive to do a direct apples to apples comparison of the public Easter greetings posted by Biden and Trump today.

and

And yes, for the grammatists here, that was all one single breathless run-on sentence. In all-caps too. Impressive.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Apples to apples would be Trump’s formal White House statements, possibly in White House archives.
Or, biden’s personal writings/statements from his own hands/mouth. ^^Again, here’s apples to potatoes.

Not sure why Trump is in this topic, anyway.
He wasn’t mentioned in Grace’s OP.

Easter 2020 example
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Ken wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:28 pm
Well there goes over half the church-going population of the US right there, including everyone on this forum.
Speak for yourself and not for others.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Post by JohnHurt »

Ken wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:28 pm
JohnHurt wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:59 pm
Josh wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:04 am Make no mistake: promotion of homosexuality, transsexuality, and pedophilia is evil and demonic, and the Bible makes it very clear how and why these things are.
Deuteronomy 22:(5) The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
Leviticus 20:(13) If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Romans 1:(24) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
(25) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
(26) For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
(27) And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
(28) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
(29) Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
(30) Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
(31) Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
(32) Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Backbiters and whisperers and full of debate?

Well there goes over half the church-going population of the US right there, including everyone on this forum.
The point being made is that God and Paul both say that homosexuals and transsexuals are under a death penalty, but these homo/trans will argue and debate that they are not under a death penalty and try to argue that God loves them just like everyone else.

And they not only argue there is no death penalty for homosexuality, but they have pleasure in getting other people to follow them into this wicked practice.

So it is not "half of the church going population, or everyone on this forum" that is under a death penalty. It is the same people that ruled Sodom and Gomorrah that are under a death penalty. And the people of Sodom and Gomorrah received exactly what God promised them.

Even if most of the people on this forum do not believe in the death penalty, God still does.
1 Cor 6:(9) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
(10) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
If someone participates in homosexuality, just like if someone is a fornicator or an adulterer, they will not inherit the kingdom of God either now, or in the next life.

But anyone can lay down these sins, repent from their wicked ways, and Christ can heal us. Christ came not to call the righteous, but the sinners to repentance.

A fellow I used to carpool with, we would talk for an hour each way to work. He had been gay, but left it all behind for Christ and married a good woman and had two children. God healed him. God is merciful. God cares for all of us, if we will try to repent of our sinful ways.

Anyone can leave the homosexual lifestyle behind with the help of Jesus Christ. It is the ones that want to argue and debate that homosexuality is still acceptable before God, they are the ones that are lost. The same for unrighteous fornicators, adulterers, idolators, theives, and drunkards. If they want to argue that they can live these lifestyles and still enter the kingdom of God, they are wrong. Only God is right in this matter.
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

ken_sylvania wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:51 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:27 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:18 pm As far as I can tell, the only critical thing you said about Biden in this thread is that this pronouncement is a political mistake. You don't even suggest that there is anything else wrong with it - only that you think it will hurt him politically.
I thought this went beyond that:
Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:58 pmThe idea that your body does not know if it is male or female, and you have to ask your friends on social media to help you figure that out when you reach adolescence, is a little alarming to many ...
Exactly - the extent of the criticism being that he is taking a position that many people find alarming. You explained yourself further now, but again your language is positively mild compared with the off-topic posts you made about the former president.
Look at the post I was responding to. Ken was saying something about public polling, and I disagreed with what he said.

Beyond that, I think I have made myself quite clear on this issue, more than once. You know that. I believe that the Bible says we were created male and female and that this whole trans thing is dangerous and wrong.

A little context here: the same day I read the OP, I also saw Trump tweeting pictures of Joe Biden hog-tied in the back of a pickup truck. The language and emotion of this election is WAY out of hand. The OP is not just about trans, and it's not just about a post on the Whitehouse site. The OP says what the OP says.

I will start another thread on the trans issue.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Grace wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:08 pm I apologize for my strong words in calling Biden "demonic" or "evil". I should have used those words in reference to what he promotes and not to him directly. However, I cannot deem mutilating, gender confused children and destroying the lives of the unborn as "not" evil.
Thanks, I appreciate that.

I think we would probably agree on most things in a thread on the trans issue, FWIW.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
HondurasKeiser
Affiliation: LMC & IEMH

Post by HondurasKeiser »

Ken wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:28 pm
Grace wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:13 pm Biden proclaims March 31, also Easter Sunday this year, as “Trans Day of Visibility”.

Even though Easter won’t fall on that day for ten years, it still is a slap in the faces of millions of religious people who celebrate Easter Sunday.

And once again we see this evil demonic president, change definitions. Abortions are defined as “women’s health care”, which we know is a nice term for “killing the unborn”. And now He and his puppet masters are attacking those who are opposed to mutilating children, calling them, extremists and haters, saying, “and even threatening parents, doctors, and nurses with prison for helping parents get care for their children.” We all know that "care for trans children", means cutting off children's body parts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -eggs.html
To be perfectly correct. The trans visibility day on March 31 has been around for about 15 years or so. The Biden White House was just recognizing that fact. It just happened to fall on Easter this year because of the weird pagan way that the Easter calendar is tied to the vernal equinox and cycle of the moon and not the actual date when Jesus was resurrected. Last year Easter was on April 9th. Two years ago it was April 17. Next year it will be April 20. In fact, Easter won't fall on March 31 again until the year 2086.
You seem very insistent on pointing out the proximity of Christian holidays to pagan celebrations of the equinox and solstice. I remember you doing the same thing with discussions at Christmas. What exactly is your point? I honestly could give a fig if the Catholic Church coopted pagan celebrations in order to place legitimate celebrations of the Birth and Resurrection on the calendar. Do you think you're enlightening us in some way?

As it is, and to be perfectly correct, though the Trans Day of Visibility has been around since 2009, it's only received special Presidential proclamation status since 2021.
0 x
Affiliation: Lancaster Mennonite Conference & Honduran Mennonite Evangelical Church
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

HondurasKeiser wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:22 pm
Ken wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:28 pm
Grace wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:13 pm Biden proclaims March 31, also Easter Sunday this year, as “Trans Day of Visibility”.

Even though Easter won’t fall on that day for ten years, it still is a slap in the faces of millions of religious people who celebrate Easter Sunday.

And once again we see this evil demonic president, change definitions. Abortions are defined as “women’s health care”, which we know is a nice term for “killing the unborn”. And now He and his puppet masters are attacking those who are opposed to mutilating children, calling them, extremists and haters, saying, “and even threatening parents, doctors, and nurses with prison for helping parents get care for their children.” We all know that "care for trans children", means cutting off children's body parts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -eggs.html
To be perfectly correct. The trans visibility day on March 31 has been around for about 15 years or so. The Biden White House was just recognizing that fact. It just happened to fall on Easter this year because of the weird pagan way that the Easter calendar is tied to the vernal equinox and cycle of the moon and not the actual date when Jesus was resurrected. Last year Easter was on April 9th. Two years ago it was April 17. Next year it will be April 20. In fact, Easter won't fall on March 31 again until the year 2086.
You seem very insistent on pointing out the proximity of Christian holidays to pagan celebrations of the equinox and solstice. I remember you doing the same thing with discussions at Christmas. What exactly is your point? I honestly could give a fig if the Catholic Church coopted pagan celebrations in order to place legitimate celebrations of the Birth and Resurrection on the calendar. Do you think you're enlightening us in some way?

As it is, and to be perfectly correct, though the Trans Day of Visibility has been around since 2009, it's only received special Presidential proclamation status since 2021.
My point is that we live in a secular society and have a secular government. And that most of what passes for religious holidays in this country are not even Biblical anyway. Certainly not celebrating Christmas on December 25th. Or celebrating Easter on the first Sunday after the first full Moon that occurs on or after the vernal equinox.

And I also take presidential proclamations for what they are. Part of the trivial protocol that comes with the office. Like printing commemorative stamps or minting commemorative coins and medals. On the same exact day as this trans day proclamation, the White House made TEN other commemorative proclamations. Are you not disturbed that any of these others overlap with Easter?

0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace

Post by Grace »

Biden made the proclamation last Friday, “I, Joseph R. Biden … do hereby proclaim March 31, 2024, as Transgender Day of Visibility,”

But when asked by reporters on Monday about his official White House proclamation declaring the same day as Easter this year, as Transgender Day of Visibility, he said “I didn’t do that”. That statement begs the question, was that another lie? Did he forget? Or did a puppeteer write the proclamation.
0 x
Martin
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Martin »

Grace wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:21 am Biden made the proclamation last Friday, “I, Joseph R. Biden … do hereby proclaim March 31, 2024, as Transgender Day of Visibility,”

But when asked by reporters on Monday about his official White House proclamation declaring the same day as Easter this year, as Transgender Day of Visibility, he said “I didn’t do that”. That statement begs the question, was that another lie? Did he forget? Or did a puppeteer write the proclamation.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... lity-2024/

President Biden also appointed transgender Richard Levine as Assistant Secretary of Health and gay Pete Buttigieg as Transportation Secretary. Mr Levine would be the last person I would trust as a "health" secretary. He needs psychiatric intervention.
0 x