Biden proclaims this Easter as Trans Day of Visibility

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Biden proclaims this Easter as Trans Day of Visibility

Post by Grace »

Biden proclaims March 31, also Easter Sunday this year, as “Trans Day of Visibility”.

Even though Easter won’t fall on that day for ten years, it still is a slap in the faces of millions of religious people who celebrate Easter Sunday.

And once again we see this evil demonic president, change definitions. Abortions are defined as “women’s health care”, which we know is a nice term for “killing the unborn”. And now He and his puppet masters are attacking those who are opposed to mutilating children, calling them, extremists and haters, saying, “and even threatening parents, doctors, and nurses with prison for helping parents get care for their children.” We all know that "care for trans children", means cutting off children's body parts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -eggs.html
2 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: Biden proclaims this Easter as Trans Day of Visibility

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Grace wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:13 pm Biden proclaims March 31, also Easter Sunday this year, as “Trans Day of Visibility”.

Even though Easter won’t fall on that day for ten years, it still is a slap in the faces of millions of religious people who celebrate Easter Sunday.

And once again we see this evil demonic president, change definitions. Abortions are defined as “women’s health care”, which we know is a nice term for “killing the unborn”. And now He and his puppet masters are attacking those who are opposed to mutilating children, calling them, extremists and haters, saying, “and even threatening parents, doctors, and nurses with prison for helping parents get care for their children.” We all know that "care for trans children", means cutting off children's body parts.

FGM is evil for Africans, but just fine for the west. Go figure, they must see that as a major voting bloc.
2 x
:hug:
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:13 pm Biden proclaims March 31, also Easter Sunday this year, as “Trans Day of Visibility”.

To be perfectly correct. The trans visibility day on March 31 has been around for about 15 years or so. The Biden White House was just recognizing that fact. It just happened to fall on Easter this year because of the weird pagan way that the Easter calendar is tied to the vernal equinox and cycle of the moon and not the actual date when Jesus was resurrected. Last year Easter was on April 9th. Two years ago it was April 17. Next year it will be April 20. In fact, Easter won't fall on March 31 again until the year 2086.
2 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Ken wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:28 pmTo be perfectly correct. The trans visibility day on March 31 has been around for about 15 years or so. The Biden White House was just recognizing that fact. It just happened to fall on Easter this year because of the weird pagan way that the Easter calendar is tied to the vernal equinox and cycle of the moon and not the actual date when Jesus was resurrected. Last year Easter was on April 9th. Two years ago it was April 17. Next year it will be April 20. In fact, Easter won't fall on March 31 again until the year 2086.
But it's still jarring.

I think a lot of Americans have legitimate concerns about what their children are taught in schools. This is alarming to them. I think Biden would have much better chances in the coming election if he represented mainstream American values.

This is a gift to the radical right.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Grace wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:13 pmAnd once again we see this evil demonic president ...
You never seem to apply those terms to Trump. I think that's a little unbalanced. I think Trump is pretty squarely opposed to most Christian values. And has done a great deal to undermine the rule of law. How can anyone accused of so many crimes be the Republican candidate? How can we trust a man whose wives cannot trust him, whose businesses and charities are convicted of fraud?

I don't think either candidate is what the American people really want. I'm shaking my head that the major parties can't give better choices.
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:47 pm
Grace wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:13 pmAnd once again we see this evil demonic president ...
You never seem to apply those terms to Trump. I think that's a little unbalanced. I think Trump is pretty squarely opposed to most Christian values. And has done a great deal to undermine the rule of law. How can anyone accused of so many crimes be the Republican candidate? How can we trust a man whose wives cannot trust him, whose businesses and charities are convicted of fraud?

I don't think either candidate is what the American people really want. I'm shaking my head that the major parties can't give better choices.
Is your response to Grace here an example of the kind of what-about-ism that you have been decrying in the Gaza War thread?

If you think she never uses harsh adjectives to describe former President Trump you are not very observant.
Last edited by ken_sylvania on Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:47 pm

I am not going to get into a spiel about which president is worse. Trump has many faults, that is for sure. He is nasty, mean, uncouth, an adulterer, and many other things. And some of the crimes he is accused of, might be legit, some might be because of a two tiered justice system. I won't get into that. But, in my opinion, the level of evil Biden promotes, is at a whole different level.
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
How well does our response reflect what we are told to do in this text ? Especially, the part I underlined. Letting the peace of God guard our hearts and minds is a choice. According to what this text says we are to think on, I don't believe this issue qualifies. Yes/No ?
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Ken wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:28 pm

To be perfectly correct. The trans visibility day on March 31 has been around for about 15 years or so. The Biden White House was just recognizing that fact. It just happened to fall on Easter this year because of the weird pagan way that the Easter calendar is tied to the vernal equinox and cycle of the moon and not the actual date when Jesus was resurrected. Last year Easter was on April 9th. Two years ago it was April 17. Next year it will be April 20. In fact, Easter won't fall on March 31 again until the year 2086.
Has the White House ever before officially proclaimed a Transgender Day of Visibility?
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:45 pm
Ken wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:28 pmTo be perfectly correct. The trans visibility day on March 31 has been around for about 15 years or so. The Biden White House was just recognizing that fact. It just happened to fall on Easter this year because of the weird pagan way that the Easter calendar is tied to the vernal equinox and cycle of the moon and not the actual date when Jesus was resurrected. Last year Easter was on April 9th. Two years ago it was April 17. Next year it will be April 20. In fact, Easter won't fall on March 31 again until the year 2086.
But it's still jarring.

I think a lot of Americans have legitimate concerns about what their children are taught in schools. This is alarming to them. I think Biden would have much better chances in the coming election if he represented mainstream American values.

This is a gift to the radical right.
I'm not sure what mainstream values you are talking about here. But whatever they are, the "radical right" don't hold them. Public opinion polling consistently shows that a majority of Americans support LGBT rights and support anti-discrimination measures that include LGBT people. Opposition to LGBT rights is actually the unpopular political position and the one that is out of step with the mainstream.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr