Biden proclaims this Easter as Trans Day of Visibility

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Biden proclaims this Easter as Trans Day of Visibility

Post by Ken »

Bootstrap wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:26 pm
Ken wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:17 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:14 pm

Sure. If Biden or Trump issues a presidential proclamation for International Weed Day next year, that would bother me. Not because they invented International Weed Day, it's been around for a long time. And I don't think they chose the date because of Easter, but I don't think a president should endorse weed.
It won't matter what the Administration does or doesn't do. If Fox wants to invent a controversy about it they will. They will just link the Administration support for decriminalization or pot legalization, connect that to 4/20 and they will be off and running about disrespecting Easter with the outrage meter pegged to 11.
Whether Fox does that depends a great deal on who wins the next presidential election.

But I still don't want a president to endorse weed.
Of course. I'm just saying, don't be so naive and easily manipulated by what Fox does.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm
I think they are very conscious that there is a whole right-wing Wurlitzer outrage machine operating in this country that will distort and lie about anything they say. And that will gin up fake controversies out of thin air on a daily and weekly basis since cable news has to fill air time 24/7/365 and outrage always sells and keeps people engaged. Witness how many comments are on this thread.

And so the White House just goes about their business and run things as they think should be done, part of which means recognizing a vast and diverse number of different groups, all of whom are American. The number of people who care about this sort of minutia and pretend to be outraged in the media is tiny and for the most part aren't persuadable anyway.

Next year Easter falls on April 20, which is 4/20 which coincidentally International Weed Day. Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about. Is Fox News going to gin up a whole bunch of controversy about how pot smokers are disrespecting Easter? Probably. If Biden is still in office I doubt they will issue an official proclamation but that won't matter because FOx will just link back to Democratic support for pot legalization and run with it anyway.

Here is an example of how outrage is manufactured. Side by side video showing how Fox News selectively edited the White House comments on this topic in which it was pointed out that Fox News itself publicly acknowledged the day back in 2021 back in the before times before trans became the conservative outrage of the day.
Interesting that just a few weeks ago the whole left- wing Wurlitzer outrage machine media manufactured an outrage by selectively editing and lying about one of Trump's comments. When he said that if Biden was elected, there would be a bloodbath they took the comment completely out of context, as he was talking about the auto industry.

Just a note it wasn't the right-wing Wurlitzer outrage machine that promoted the Trump Russian collusion lie that went on for two years. Nor was it them, that pushed the fake Steele Dossier lie or told Americans that if you get the vaccine you won't get covid.

All the media selectively edits stuff and doesn't tell the truth, including Fox. But to just point a finger at the right-wing media and Fox is disingenuous.

And one more thing, the whole proclamation that Biden made about declaring this Easter as Trans Day of Visibility, he now claim he didn't do that.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:33 pm I'm just saying, don't be so naive and easily manipulated by what Fox does.
When Fox predictably does its thing, the reaction from the opposite side is predictable as well.

Is Fox pushing Grace's buttons, or is she pushing yours? 8-)
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Ken

Post by Ken »

ohio jones wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:48 pm
Ken wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:33 pm I'm just saying, don't be so naive and easily manipulated by what Fox does.
When Fox predictably does its thing, the reaction from the opposite side is predictable as well.

Probably both. We are probably both too easily baited. I did stay completely out of that "evil and demonic" thread because I'm generally not one for piling on policing the language or "tone" of others.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:53 pm

Probably both. We are probably both too easily baited. I did stay completely out of that "evil and demonic" thread because I'm generally not one for piling on policing the language or "tone" of others.
The word usage of Wurlitzer Outrage machine was good though. And I sincerely mean that. Very few news outlets don’t use that “machine”. Even Fox.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:08 pm
Ken wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:53 pm

The word usage of Wurlitzer Outrage machine was good though. And I sincerely mean that. Very few news outlets don’t use that “machine”. Even Fox.
Yep, and left wing "outrage" is just as boring as right-wing "outrage".
0 x