God Bless the USA" Bibles

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: "God Bless the USA" Bibles

Post by Szdfan »

RZehr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:45 pm He just earned $3-$4 billion this week in stock for Truth Social. I’m amazed that he messes with $60 bibles. It can’t be that much money. I think the Bible’s and shoes mean that he just really enjoys this sort of thing, and that is why he does it - not the money.
The value of that stock is probably artificially high. The $3-$4 billion is wealth on paper.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Szdfan wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:36 pm
RZehr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:45 pm He just earned $3-$4 billion this week in stock for Truth Social. I’m amazed that he messes with $60 bibles. It can’t be that much money. I think the Bible’s and shoes mean that he just really enjoys this sort of thing, and that is why he does it - not the money.
The value of that stock is probably artificially high. The $3-$4 billion is wealth on paper.
Yes. In fact I went on Robinhood Monday or Tuesday in order to short sell the stock. But it would not let me.
Last edited by RZehr on Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

barnhart wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:11 pm I must be getting old. I remember when evangelicals were roundly upset at the President holding a Bible when he walked into a church service because it represented an attempt to benefit by association with religious symbols.
There are plenty, not noticed by the Vulture Media.
In 2021, Lee Greenwood’s Bible wasn’t well received, i’m not sure 2024 will be much different.

The Vulture Media loves to stir pots. They’re really good at it.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

temporal1 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 pm
barnhart wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:11 pm I must be getting old. I remember when evangelicals were roundly upset at the President holding a Bible when he walked into a church service because it represented an attempt to benefit by association with religious symbols.
In 2021, Lee Greenwood’s Bible wasn’t well received, i’m not sure 2024 will be much different.

The Vulture Media loves to stir pots.
What is Vulture Media?
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 pm
temporal1 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 pm

The Vulture Media loves to stir pots.
What is Vulture Media?
i picked it up over here:
temporal1 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:00 am
Theophilos wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:13 am
Looks like that the schoolchildren have nothing to do with that tragedy. The child was abused by a parent.

https://redstate.com/chad-felix-greene/ ... t-n2172000
The past President of the American College of Pediatricians, Dr. Quentin Van Meter, told that he estimates the majority of girls transitioning have suffered sexual abuse.
^^Quoted headline from linked report.
“The Tragic Story of Nex Benedict Is About Far More Than the Vulture Media's Exploitative Narrative”

The “Vulture Media” .. does not rest. :(
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Do you have some better idea of how to value a security other than a high volume, high liquidity market like the Nasdaq?
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

If he doesn't care about the money, why does he talk about his money non-stop? Isn't that a big part of his self-identity?

And he seems to do product endorsements for relatively little money - everything from steak to vodka to running shoes and now Bibles. He seems to like both the attention and the money.
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 pm
Do you have some better idea of how to value a security other than a high volume, high liquidity market like the Nasdaq?
The market value of a stock is its current value.

But not all stocks are based on stable value - we found that out with credit default swaps in 2008, for instance. Or remember GameStop (GME)? When a stock is overvalued, there's a real danger of a dramatic drop in its value.

There are traditional ways of measuring the value of what the stock stands for. Lazy person that I am, I'm going to let ChatGPT explain this ...
Traditional Methods of Stock Valuation
Stocks are valued using various methods to determine the intrinsic value of a company's shares. Some common approaches include:
  • Price-to-Earnings (P/E) Ratio: This method divides the market price per share by the earnings per share (EPS). A high P/E ratio might indicate an overvalued stock, or expectations of high growth rates.
  • Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Analysis: Estimates the value of an investment based on its future cash flows, discounted back to their present value, considering the time value of money.
  • Dividend Discount Model (DDM): Useful for valuing companies that pay regular dividends, this method predicts future dividends and discounts them to present value.
  • Comparative Valuations: Involves comparing a company's financial metrics with those of similar companies in the same industry to determine if a stock is undervalued or overvalued.
Overvalued Stocks on the Stock Market
When a stock is said to be "overvalued," it means its current price is higher than its intrinsic value determined by fundamental analysis. This might be due to speculative trading, market optimism, or other market conditions. Overvalued stocks may not sustain their high prices long term and could face price corrections. They are considered overvalued when priced beyond their actual financial performance and future growth potential.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Bootstrap wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 pm
Josh wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 pm
The market value of a stock is its current value.

But not all stocks are based on stable value - we found that out with credit default swaps in 2008, for instance. Or remember GameStop (GME)? When a stock is overvalued, there's a real danger of a dramatic drop in its value.
It doesn't seem like Truth Social is earning enough money for its stock to be worth billions over the long run.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/trumps- ... oney/story
Truth Social generated roughly $3 million over the first 9 months of 2023, government filings show. Meanwhile, the company reported $49 million in net losses over that period. By comparison, Instagram-parent Meta delivered nearly $135 billion in revenue last year, company earnings showed.
Sometimes the value of stock is not based on the reality of how well or stable a company is doing. Like with Gamestop, the price for Truth Social will eventually come down to something more realistic.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

Bootstrap wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 pm
If he doesn't care about the money, why does he talk about his money non-stop? Isn't that a big part of his self-identity?

And he seems to do product endorsements for relatively little money - everything from steak to vodka to running shoes and now Bibles. He seems to like both the attention and the money.
Oh he seems to care about money more than anything else in the world. But even considering that, how much money is there in hawking $60 bibles? Can’t be that much profit there. Thats why I think his primary reason is that he just loves hawking stuff on TV. I think he enjoys it. I know people who just love being in the sales business, and the product they sell is almost immaterial.
I think he would be willing to try to sell about anything, even if half of them lose him money. Because he loves doing this sort of thing.
Last edited by RZehr on Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x