God Bless the USA" Bibles

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: God Bless the USA" Bibles

Post by temporal1 »

i appreciate the change in subject line.
i doubt it was intended to be as inflammatory as it turned out to be.

plus, it turns out, the current endorsement is of a 2021 Bible by Lee Greenwood that didn’t get much support, either.
and, not the only patriotic-themed Bible ever published.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Strange forum-browser behavior: I can click on other pages in this thread, but if I select page 8, it closes my browser (Brave, on Win 7 64-bit, if that matters).

(I didn't test this extensively on other threads.)
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: "God Bless the USA" Bibles

Post by Ken »

RZehr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:45 pm He just earned $3-$4 billion this week in stock for Truth Social. I’m amazed that he messes with $60 bibles. It can’t be that much money. I think the Bible’s and shoes mean that he just really enjoys this sort of thing, and that is why he does it - not the money.
He hasn't earned it yet. He can't cash out for 6 months and this is what happened to the stock today. The company bled off $4 billion in valuation today when new loss numbers came out. The stock is now down 39% from its IPO high last Tuesday. As a public company they have to actually be transparent about their numbers which was not the case when it was private.

Last edited by Ken on Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Neto

Post by Neto »

Neto wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:21 pm Strange forum-browser behavior: I can click on other pages in this thread, but if I select page 8, it closes my browser (Brave, on Win 7 64-bit, if that matters).

Now logged on through the browser Supermium. Apparently (as I mentioned in my tech help request), Brave, which has been my favorite browser for some years (for everything except searching - it was rather pitiful for that), is no longer supporting Win 7. It started this morning, with throwing me out every time I attempted to open page 8 of this thread. I just opened it on this different browser, and was able to scan through it, so maybe a bit more life has been breathed into me & Win 7.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Neto wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:21 pm Strange forum-browser behavior: I can click on other pages in this thread, but if I select page 8, it closes my browser (Brave, on Win 7 64-bit, if that matters).

I am using Brave and did not get an error. You may have to do a refresh of the page. I suspect your browser is trying to use the cache. Hold down shift and hit the "Reload this page" button.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Neto

Post by Neto »

Robert wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:48 pm

I am using Brave and did not get an error. You may have to do a refresh of the page. I suspect your browser is trying to use the cache. Hold down shift and hit the "Reload this page" button.
Are you still using Win 7? That's what is indicated in an on-line search. It was closing Brave every time I tried to open page 8. (Other earlier pages opened fine, as well as page 9.) Then when I opened Brave again, I could Restore it to where it was. I guess that's what you are suggesting, to NOT do the Restore process. But right now I'm on Supermium, which I just installed.

EDIT:
Closed Brave completely, and re-opened it to this thread. Clicked on page 8. It threw me over to this page (9). Before it was throwing me completely out of Brave.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Former President Donald Trump has sued the co-founders of Truth Social, alleging they mismanaged the social media platform early on and should therefore lose their stock in the company, which recently went public.

In papers filed last week in Florida state court, Trump Media & Technology Group Corp. argued that executives Wes Moss and Andy Litinsky made a series of costly mistakes that resulted in a long delay in the company’s going public and urged a judge to strip them of their shares in the company.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sues-t ... 24976.html
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

https://m.economictimes.com/tech/techno ... 151812.cms
Shares of Donald Trump's media and technology firm fell as much as 12% on Monday, extending a selloff that has now reduced the value of his stake in the operator of Truth Social to $2.9 billion.
I knew selling short was a no brainer.
But the declines are welcome news for short-sellers who have suffered hefty losses on the stock so far this year.

Trump Media & Technology Group has a short interest of about 4.75 million shares, or 12% of its free float, according to analytics firm S3 Partners.

Monday's decline meant those betting against the stock made about $16 million in market-to-market profits, though those shorting the stock are still down 69% for the year.
Looks to me that the company itself is betting against itself. :lol:
It’s like a jockey betting against the horse he is riding in a the Kentucky Derby.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

It just keeps bleeding. Down another 9.2% this morning . I guess the short sellers are cashing in. I wonder what it will be worth in 6 months when the 6-month lock expires and Trump can finally sell his shares. I guess by then he will either be President or not and it won't really matter one way or the other.

0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:28 pm It just keeps bleeding. Down another 9.2% this morning . I guess the short sellers are cashing in. I wonder what it will be worth in 6 months when the 6-month lock expires and Trump can finally sell his shares. I guess by then he will either be President or not and it won't really matter one way or the other.
I'm quite confident he will not be President 6 months from now. But I guess the statement "either he will or he won't" is even more ironclad.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited