God Bless the USA" Bibles

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: "God Bless the USA" Bibles

Post by mike »

temporal1 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 pm He’s not a career politician, but has decades of experience with them, ALL of them, AND THEIR ATTORNEYS, altho he was a registered Dem, from what is reported.

Unlike most of us, he doesn’t get bogged down by minutiae. He’s not a one-trick pony.
Maybe some of his antics are for fun? - Like the golden sneakers. Is there something wrong with enjoying life?
bless his heart
3 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

mike wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:42 pm
temporal1 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 pm He’s not a career politician, but has decades of experience with them, ALL of them, AND THEIR ATTORNEYS, altho he was a registered Dem, from what is reported.

Unlike most of us, he doesn’t get bogged down by minutiae. He’s not a one-trick pony.
Maybe some of his antics are for fun? - Like the golden sneakers. Is there something wrong with enjoying life?
bless his heart
:lol: i didn’t buy the sneakers, either.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:48 pm
Josh wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:19 pm As far as I know, Trump has yet to issue his own currency.

Boot, GameStop was being pushed to the brink of bankruptcy and was trading at 50¢ a share*. Since Ryan Cohen decided to take over the company, GameStop got rid of a lot of high interest debt, then got completely out of debt, issued a small amount of new stock on capital markets, and became cash flow positive. Now they are trading in the $12-$15 range. A stock going up 25X in 3 years that is able to sustain its price despite very heavy pressure from short sellers isn’t one that is “overvalued”.

* All prices are post 4 for 1 split price.
Gamestop had revenues of $5.273 billion in 2023 and net profits of $6.7 million.
Truth Social had revenues of $3.4 million in 2023 and it lost around $49 million.

They are not remotely the same thing.
Indeed they aren’t. (I’m still in shock GME managed to become profitable, and no less at an eps of 22¢; 7% earnings on their current market cap.)

Truth Social seems more similar to Twitter. It should be noted it is really a former SPAC, but most SPACs perform terribly, so for SPACs, DWAC/DJT is doing pretty well.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:14 pm
Ken wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:48 pm
Josh wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:19 pm As far as I know, Trump has yet to issue his own currency.

Boot, GameStop was being pushed to the brink of bankruptcy and was trading at 50¢ a share*. Since Ryan Cohen decided to take over the company, GameStop got rid of a lot of high interest debt, then got completely out of debt, issued a small amount of new stock on capital markets, and became cash flow positive. Now they are trading in the $12-$15 range. A stock going up 25X in 3 years that is able to sustain its price despite very heavy pressure from short sellers isn’t one that is “overvalued”.

* All prices are post 4 for 1 split price.
Gamestop had revenues of $5.273 billion in 2023 and net profits of $6.7 million.
Truth Social had revenues of $3.4 million in 2023 and it lost around $49 million.

They are not remotely the same thing.
Indeed they aren’t. (I’m still in shock GME managed to become profitable, and no less at an eps of 22¢; 7% earnings on their current market cap.)

Truth Social seems more similar to Twitter. It should be noted it is really a former SPAC, but most SPACs perform terribly, so for SPACs, DWAC/DJT is doing pretty well.
Truth social is a copy of Twitter. Except that it only has about 1 million registered users (mostly in the US) and gets only about 5 million unique page views per month. Which suggests that the majority of those registered users aren't even active. Anyone know how many page views Mennonet gets per month?

By contrast, twitter has 368 million active users and 9.6 billion page views per month. And that is down considerably from where it was when Elon bought the company.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

I don't know much about the economics of social media and communication apps but I suspect it is very expensive to build, maintain and curate. This lends suspicion that copycat startups have a tough road ahead. Revenue needs market share, and market share eventually moulds the service into the form already seen in existing apps. To break through you need a revolutionary idea or offer something completely different. Truth social has all the advantages it can possibly have, name recognition, celebrity backers, deep pocketed backers and social movement support, but if I were an investor, I would cash in yesterday.
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Ha.....

1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Ken wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:21 am Ha.....
[img]https:
P.5 /
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Saturday Night Live pokes fun at Trump selling Bibles.

0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

I am not saying he is a great person, but it is good to hear moments like this. God works through many ways.

1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Re: God Bless the USA" Bibles

Post by Dan Z »

APOLOGY: In response to some personal regret and a helpful brotherly admonition, I want to state publically that I should not have used the term "Huckster-in-Chief" in the Thread Title in reference to our former President. This phrase was not central to my concern in the OP of this thread (which had to do with the coopting of faith and Christianity - not DJ Trump's sales instincts) and was simply an unhelpful result of a bit of unfiltered exasperation. It was a disrespectful and divisive headline, and I believe we need less of that in public discourse, not more.

I apologize for my snark and for any offense that it caused. I will try to do better in the future. I have attempted to remove the phrase from the topic title throughout this thread.

Shalom!
4 x