God Bless the USA" Bibles

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: God Bless the USA" Bibles

Post by Grace »

Bootstrap wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:28 am
Josh wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:19 am your position seems to be that the Christian thing to do is... support un-Christian candidates who explictly set anti-biblical policy.
Not at all. I don't think I say anything even remotely like that. I have never said Christians need to support any candidate.

In fact, this thread is specifically about an un-Christian candidate. And his attempt to coopt American Christianity to his own purposes. That's at the heart of this thread.
True Christians won't be coopted by anyone, especially by a politician. However, in light of all the horrific wars, turmoil, violence, inflation, an invasion of illegal migrants, occurring in the last few years, a president who had very little of those aspects, will appeal to Christians. Instead of condemning the Word of God, because you don't like the source, why not embrace the fact that maybe just one person might read it and acquire some Godly knowledge.

If anyone is against Trump using a King James Bible, maybe they should take a close look at King James himself. King James as a king was also the leader of the church, in the 1600's when the Bible was first translated. King James appointed 47 scholars, and then the translators were broken down in committees. King James was known to have relationships with men. The King James Bible bears this ungodly man's name. It seems that Trump promoting a Bible is inconsequential in comparison the originator of the Bible, King James, who was not a godly man.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: God Bless the USA" Bibles

Post by ohio jones »

Josh wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:19 am your position seems to be that the Christian thing to do is... support un-Christian candidates who explictly set anti-biblical policy.
Use I statements. Speak for yourself and don't decide what someone else is meaning to say or exaggerate what someone else posts.
Bootstrap wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:35 am You're wrong.
Do not state that someone else is wrong. State your own thoughts and opinions.

Please try to stay on topic and avoid personal attacks.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited