Will the issues you care about be priorities for a Trump-family run RNC?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Will the issues you care about be priorities for a Trump-family run RNC?

Post by Josh »

Jazman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:44 pm
ohio jones wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:36 pm
Jazman wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:08 pm But I find it interesting that there isn't some level of outrage or concern among you about things like this...
So you are outraged that not everyone is outraged? :)

It's not a good thing, obviously. But it's what happens in politics. It's barely even surprising, let alone outrageous. It's a great example of why not to be part of the political system in any form.
I was not intending to sound outraged... I'm not. But I am perplexed... and there are a number of participants of this forum who are 'involved' in partisan politics, if at the least emotionally... Apparently you are not one of them, so this whole thread then isn't really asking you the question. Therefore it's meant for those who are more 'involved' in some degree and is intended to invite their pondering of the situation. So far nobody I had in mind has really replied to or dealt specifically with the question presented.
A conservative Mennonite forum might be the wrong place to find people to rebuke for political party allegiance.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Josh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:14 pm A conservative Mennonite forum might be the wrong place to find people to rebuke for political party allegiance.
But if they are found in such a place, they probably should be rebuked.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

We have a few people here who are openly partisan. They also don’t claim to be Anabaptist at all.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:25 am I lean away from the pro-abortion, war mongering, immigrantion mess of party. That does not mean I lean towards Trump. I just want there to be a fair treatment of all.
“The people” are wrong to allow basic common sense, healthy governance, accountability, to be made partisan.
It has become routine+expected.

Division sells, it benefits opportunists in politics and media. Attempts can be made to resist being sucked in.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

Ken wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:05 am That didn't take long. The looting is already starting: https://apnews.com/article/trump-campai ... a3462e5790
Donald Trump’s new joint fundraising agreement with the Republican National Committee directs donations to his campaign and a political action committee that pays the former president’s legal bills before the RNC gets a cut, according to a fundraising invitation obtained by The Associated Press.

The unorthodox diversion of funds to the Save America PAC makes it more likely that Republican donors could see their money go to Trump’s lawyers, who have received at least $76 million over the last two years to defend him against four felony indictments and multiple civil cases. Some Republicans are already troubled that Trump’s takeover of the RNC could shortchange the cash-strapped party.

Trump has invited high-dollar donors to Palm Beach, Florida, for an April 6 fundraiser that comes as his fundraising is well behind President Joe Biden and national Democrats. The invitation’s fine print says donations to the Trump 47 Committee will first be used to give the maximum amount allowed under federal law to Trump’s campaign. Anything left over from the donation next goes toward a maximum contribution to Save America, and then anything left from there goes to the RNC and then to state political parties.
Looks like "looting" has been happening elsewhere as well.
Scoop: DNC covered Biden legal bills in special counsel probe
President Biden used campaign donations to help pay his legal bills last year during the special counsel's probe into his handling of classified documents, according to two people familiar with the matter and an Axios review of campaign finance records.

Why it matters: The payments, made through the Democratic National Committee, are at odds with the Biden campaign's recent attacks on Donald Trump for spending his campaign funds on legal fees.
https://www.axios.com/2024/04/12/dnc-co ... nsel-probe

The "looting" of the DNC to pay Biden's legal fees started last year already.
0 x
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Post by Jazman »

Whataboutism... This thread is about Trump & family.
And no, Biden doesn't have anything close to the legal bills that Trump has incurred upon himself.
Not a good, factual like-for-like comparison, imho.
1 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

And no, Biden doesn't have anything close to the legal bills that Trump has incurred upon himself.

LOL...Chiding those who compare Trump to Biden in the first sentence. Next sentence does exactly that, comparing Trump's legal bills to Biden.

I do agree that there is is no good factual comparison between Biden and Trump. Biden is far worse than Trump, IMO.

Since we can't talk about Biden, let's talk about Trump and how it was when he was president.

-No new wars
-$2.00 milk, gas, and eggs
-less than 2% inflation
- A secure southern border
-Less human trafficking and less fentanyl coming into the country
-Historic peace treaties.
-New and better trade deals
-No emboldening cruel murderous dictators
- No empowering countries that hate this country and want it's citizens dead.
0 x
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Post by Jazman »

Grace wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:44 pm

LOL...Chiding those who compare Trump to Biden in the first sentence. Next sentence does exactly that, comparing Trump's legal bills to Biden.

I do agree that there is is no good factual comparison between Biden and Trump. Biden is far worse than Trump, IMO.

Since we can't talk about Biden, let's talk about Trump and how it was when he was president.

-No new wars
-$2.00 milk, gas, and eggs (varied... there was $3+ gas during Trump years as well...)
-less than 2% inflation
- A secure southern border [???]
-Less human trafficking and less fentanyl coming into the country
-Historic peace treaties. [???]
-New and better trade deals
-No emboldening cruel murderous dictators
- No empowering countries that hate this country and want it's citizens dead. [???]
Again, none of that has to do with the present legal situation those things are in the past... Your argument strikes me as utilitarian and less ethical/moral/rule of law basis for my taste; I assume you wouldn't excuse an alleged criminal just because they were a good kid in high school, or now have a family and goes to church every week?
Of course some good things happened during Trump's term. That doesn't excuse his alleged criminality, that he is now being indicted, brought to trial for, ruled against (the Carroll rape case) and having to pay huge legal defense bills for... And for which he is fairly blatantly syphoning off RNC funds to pay for! And begging his base who can't afford it! - to send him money as well and trying to sell them junk like sneakers and blasphemous Bibles!

Why is it so hard to look at that and consider how that might affect the Republican party agenda and especially down-ballot goals?
0 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Jazman post_id=230084 time=1713544623 user_id=226]

Again, none of that has to do with the present legal situation those things are in the past... Your argument strikes me as utilitarian and less ethical/moral/rule of law basis for my taste; I assume you wouldn't excuse an alleged criminal just because they were a good kid in high school, or now have a family and goes to church every week?

Board guideline's:
Use I statements. Speak for yourself and don't decide what someone else is meaning.

Of course some good things happened during Trump's term. That doesn't excuse his alleged criminality, that he is now being indicted, brought to trial for, ruled against (the Carroll rape case) and having to pay huge legal defense bills for... And for which he is fairly blatantly syphoning off RNC funds to pay for! And begging his base who can't afford it! - to send him money as well and trying to sell them junk like sneakers

Why is it so hard to look at that and consider how that might affect the Republican party agenda and especially down-ballot goals?
Even highly qualified legal minds, such as Jonathon Turley claim the charges against Trump are a far stretch.

I think the Democrats should look at their own party, instead of looking at the Republican Party agenda. Republicans aren't using the US legal system to go after their opponent in an upcoming election. But they are being led by a President who can't get through a speech without cue cards, lying constantly, mumbling, being led by people (including an Easter bunny), etc. Every time he speaks he lies. His latest dozy was about his uncle being eaten by cannibals.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 371324007/

But the worst is that he has emboldened brutal dictators and empowered murderous regimes, bringing the world at the brink of WW III
and blasphemous Bibles!
It is my understanding that the bible is the King James Version. I think it also contains the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of independence, and the lyrics to the song, “God Bless the USA”.

What is it about the King James Version Bible, that can be considered blasphemous? And what is it about the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of independence, and the song, “God Bless the USA”, that is blasphemous?
1 x